KID KDX

May 15, 2001
Does anyone have any imformation on the IMS oversize tank for a 1996? I would like more capacity and also to get rid of the PURPLE:scream: :scream: :scream: !!!! How does it fit? How does it look? How does the 'Natural' colored one look? Green? Pictures?

THANKS!!!

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
I don't have one yet, but will when I get the bucks. Not because mine is ugly (it's green) but I want the capacity to keep up with my 4 strokin bros, at least somewhat.

I havn't seen the KDX one, but my cousin has one on his 2001 YZ250 and it looks/fits darn near factory. I saw a clear one on a KTM (the guy I bought my KDX from had one) and that would be my color choice. Real easy to tell how much gas you have left and it looked good too.

If anyone knows of a deal on these though any vendor please post.

KID KDX

May 15, 2001
I was noticing something in an ad about the KDX tank using a different set of shrouds, and they looked kinda shady. Anyone got some info?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Yup that's the IMS tank that uses their own rad shrouds. You can see a pic on Baja Designs web sit. If I'm not mistaken both Sage's Dirt and Street and FRP can get the tanks. Give'm a call.

David

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I've a white one©

it's alway's looks dirty© you have different shrods© there graphic's suck! at least in 99© I've never run out of fuel© there cap could be better, the center falls out! you need to keep a eye on it, when re fueling© your triple clamp will hit it on tight conners© I put bump guards on mine© but all in all I like mine a lot!

Last edited:

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
3.4 gallons, molded shrouds & comes with stickers & gas cap. comes in purple, green & clear.

PS. hey MADisher thanks for the link in the sig, thats pretty cool of Ya!

:)

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
Ummmm...

I found 2 purple KDX tanks on eBay and bid on both.. Guess what?? I got both...:silly:
I have a new one (that's going on my 99) and a used one that is for sale. I know this isn't the place to list it, but if some one wants the used one, they can have it for what I paid for it...$77...
Here's the item number for the tank I'm selling.

eBay item 594271580
Let me know if you're interested. It's in good, used shape, as it states...

Last edited:

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
Yup....
3.4 gallons

Here's what the description on eBay stated, and I stand behind it.
THIS IS AN IMS 3.5 GAL TANK is FOR KDX 200 94-98 WILL ALSO i beleive it will FIT KX 125 94-98 check with your dealer PURPLE IN COLOR HAS MINOR SCRATCHES NORMAL STUFF DOES NOT LEAK BUT DOES NEED THE PEACOCK ALSO COMES WITH SCHROUDS WHAT A DEAL THESE TANKS SELL FOR ABOUT 275 NEW NOWS YOUR CHANCE TO GET A BARGAIN DONT MISS OUT CHECK OUT PIC SEE MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR MORE GREAT GEAR SEE YOU IN THE DIRT I ALSO TAKE PAYPAL $8.00 S/H THANKS

I'll eat the S/H if you give me a business address to UPS it to..:eek:

teton

Dec 13, 2000
I'll work on the picture's, I dont have a digital camera, but I will try something. I havent tried posting any pic's, any idea's ?

Top Bottom