Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
I bought an IMS 4 gal. tank today for my '00XR4. I suppose you're supposed to use the petcock off the stock tank but I'd rather not scavenge parts from it to complete the IMS tank.

Does anyone know if an Acerbis petcock or similar will fit the IMS?

Thanks.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Most any petcock should fit. I have used a Kawasaki petcock as a spare for my Yamaha and a friends Honda. I still keep it in the toolbox just in case. Even new, they are usually between $20-$30. You might get one with a reserve for a tank that large.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Hey Derek,

Yea the big tank can be a pain. You'll need the mounting brackets for under the tank too. So if your looking you may want to find those too!

Oh yea, and if you have a Scotts Damper w/ the weld on post make sure you don't have any clearance issues. My post was rubbing through the big tank.

When you coming back up?

Rod

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Thanks for the heads up on the brackets Rod. Hadn't thought of those. I got a look at an Acerbis petcock today. After comparing the mounting bolt spacing to that of the stock petcock, the Acerbis is off by an 1/8". Guess I'll either pull the one from the stock tank or buy one.

I'm scheduled to come up for a ride with Ramsey the 1st week of Oct.. Gonna try to have the new tank ready to go by then.

Top Bottom