IMS vs. Clark Over sized Gas Tanks

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Due to the AZ heat and the one-way valve on my gas tank "working" better then I ever thought possible, I'm in the market for a new gas tank. I'm looking at getting ether a IMS or a Clark over sized tank. I'm just wondering who has dealt with these guys and how makes a better tank. Any help would be appreciated.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I have dealt with both and now added acerbis to my tank collection and I'd have to say that this one fits perfect. I liked the clark too, but the acerbis seems to be made a little "cleaner". Years ago I had the IMS on my CR and had trouble with the shrouds fitting properly.

PTCruiser

Aug 25, 2000
I think alot depends on the particular model. I've used both IMS and Acerbis. The only cheezy thing on the IMS was the fasteners but that wasn't hard to fix.Both had good fit.
I've never used a Clarke. Had a couple of guys give me negative feed-back on them for fit and ability to use all the fuel so I stayed away.

Oct 10, 2000
I would go with the Clarke! Great fit for my bike and the support they give is top notch. I talked to them about my bike and they told me every problem I might run into, they were very straight forward about there product.

reynome

Sep 1, 1999
the clark is better than the ims hands down. It fits better, better cap and seems to be made better. Plus its cheaper! I dont know about any others.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Thanks for all you help guys. It looks like I'm going to go with the Clarke tank.

Top Bottom