Kawiguy

Aug 29, 2007
Well my 2000 kx250s inner clutch cover is cracked all over.I was going to buy one but the one i was looking at was for an 02,i checked on bike bandit but their is a difference in the placement of one of the threads.I also bought an inner clutch cover gasket off an 03,the reason being that kawis gasket number for the 00 has been superceeded to the same gasket number as the 02 03 and 04.Now i dont see how they can have the same gasket numbers when the covers are different :bang: .I think i know the answer and then i get thrown off course.
I called my dealership and they said they will fit but the diagrmas are messing me up.My bike is outtown and i wont see it for a few days.Please,please helo :nod:

:cool:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The gasket just has to fit the 2D shape of the base of the cover, however, there may be something behind the cover that causes interference for the wrong model year. This would be a conflict in the third dimension. Hold the gasket up to the old cover and see if it looks like it will work.

Kawiguy

Aug 29, 2007
Hey thanks for the help.Thats what im going to do but i wont see the bike until race day :yikes: :ride: .I understand what your saying and it makes sence but if anyone,anyone at all actually has a picture from the back of the 2000 inner clutch casing please post it
Thanks
'' :cool:

Top Bottom