In God we trust

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Well I'm climbing up on my soapbox and this had been said before but it is well written and I believe in it. BTW I do not believe in catholic, pentacostal, baptist, lutheran or ANY of the other divisions including muslim and judaism (or any other) when I say God I mean just that the big man ( or woman?) upstairs! That said read on, I didn’t write it but I believe in it.!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma School officials remove "God Bless America" signs
from schools in fear that someone might be offended.

Channel 12 News in Long Island, New York, orders flags removed from the
newsroom and red, white, and blue ribbons removed from the lapels of
reporters. Why? Management did not want to appear biased and felt that
our nations flag might give the appearance that "they lean one way or
another".

Berkeley, California bans U.S. Flags from being displayed on city fire
trucks because they didn't want to offend anyone in the community.

In an "act of tolerance" the head of the public library at Florida Gulf
Coast University ordered all "Proud to be an American" signs removed so
as to not offend international students.

I, for one, am quite disturbed by these actions of so-called American
citizens; and I am tired of this nation worrying about whether or not we
are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist
attacks on September 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the
majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely
settled in New York and Washington D.C. when the "politically correct"
crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was
offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who
is seeking a better life by coming to America. In fact, our country's
population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants;
however, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our
country, and apparently some native Americans, need to understand.

First of all, it is not our responsibility to continually try not to
offend you in any way. This idea of America being a multi-cultural
community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national
identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own
language, and our own lifestyle. This culture, called the "American Way"
has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by
millions of men and women who have sought freedom. Our forefathers
fought, bled, and died at places such as Bunker Hill, Antietam, San Juan,
Iwo Jima, Normandy, Korea, Vietnam.

We speak English, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any
other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society -
learn our language! "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not
some off-the-wall, Christian, Right Wing, political slogan - it is our
national motto. It is engraved in stone in the House of Representatives
in our Capitol and it is printed on our currency. We adopted this motto
because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this
nation; and this is clearly documented throughout our history. If it is
appropriate for our motto to be inscribed in the halls of our highest
level of Government, then it is certainly appropriate to display it on
the walls of our schools.

God is in our pledge, our National Anthem, nearly every patriotic song,
and in our founding documents. We honor His birth, death, and
resurrection as holidays, and we turn to Him in prayer in times of
crisis. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of
the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture and we are
proud to have Him.

We are proud of our heritage and those who have so honorably defended our
freedoms. We celebrate Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and
Flag Day. We have parades, picnics, and barbecues where we proudly wave
our flag. As an American, I have the right to wave my flag, sing my
national anthem, quote my national motto, and cite my pledge whenever and
wherever I choose. If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like
Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of
this planet.

The American culture is our way of life, our heritage, and we are proud
of it. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we
really don't care how you did things where you came from. We are
Americans, like it or not, this is our country, our land, and our
lifestyle.

Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion
about our government, culture, or society, and we will allow you every
opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and
griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of
life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American
freedom, the right to leave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
Likewise, I agree. These whiners need a one way ride somewhere. What about OUR right to free speech! That goes for my complaints in another post here. It seems some think it's OK to stop certain folks right to free speech.....IT IS NOT!

chadk01

Sponsoring Member
Aug 19, 2000
I totally agree. It seems if we spent less time trying to be the "Politically Correct" country and more time actually flying the flag, not just during crisis, but all the time, things would be a lot better.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Man, Thats down right disgusting. A goverment department like a fire department not displaying the U.S. flag. My question is does the fire hall and police department fly a flag out front? Hey heres the solution..velcro the flag
on to the unit. When someone calls in a fire /medical call lets ask them if they want the flag displayed on their call. I would bet every swinging richard that call would care less if the flag was on the fire truck when their home is a blaze....lol:o

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
.) God Bless America!

<edited by moderator> If you are looking to get a reaction out of someone, it worked. Take your trolling elsewhere.:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
O'Reilly....... my personal hero. It amazes that people think he is so CONSERVATIVE. Those people have been so brainwashed to think a news program should be so far left-leaning, that when someone is 'balanced and fair' they seem so far right......and they are( IN RELATIVE TERMS). The middle IS far right of left!:mad:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
We should get all these complainers in a big hall and ask them to open their wallets and then remove anything in their wallets which says "In God We Trust" - that should be a nice big pile of $1,$2,$5,$10,$20 and $100 bills. Then let's see where there principles are!

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Part of the good (or bad, depending on how you look at it) about free speech and rights is that we all have them. Can't step on anybodys toes.

That's what the statement did, stepped on others toes. Doesn't mean we have to like it. But that's America, it's even legal to burn the flag (and I don't feel it should be).

Everybody has rights until you step on somebody else's rights.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
First and foremost... a book seller.

MBFTY

Uhhh...
May 4, 2001
Offense

I dont believe in religion, but I take no offense to the motto "In god we trust".

I totally agree with what you are saying. If you come to America, be an American.

I have no problem with other nationalities. As fas as Im concerned, let them immigrate. Everyone is welcome in America, as long as they want to be an American.

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
I didn't want to turn this into a O'Rielly debate. I have my own feelings about the guy to. Some good some bad. The reason I posted this was because I thought it was ridiculous that a school putting up "God Bless America" on a marquee is getting harassment especially at a time like this.

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
KXKEN,

I agree with ya. And like MBFTY, I don't believe in religion, but don't care if others do. If you can accept my beliefs, I can accept yours kind of thing. If religion makes you happy, I am happy for you. I'm pretty laid back about it.

It's a shame that they couldn't just leave it. It made people feel good. Now it doesn't, how is that any good at all?

1000 people accepted it, belief in religion or not, and 1 did not. How did taking it down do anything but irritate and dissapoint 999 people and make 1 happy. Surely that didn't serve the best interests of the populous.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Originally posted by Milquetoast
.) God Bless America!

<edited by moderator> If you are looking to get a reaction out of someone, it worked. Take your trolling elsewhere.:p

-----------------------
I'm not looking for anything but to express my opinion, as you are free to express yours. So here it goes... God Bless you Milquetost! :)

Kevin

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
Kiwi, you should receive your reply back as an e-mail in about 2 weeks. I sent that quote to a bunch of e-mail addresses. That was sheer brilliance on your part.

Concerning O'Reilly: Anyone that takes on Jesse Jackson and the current state of the media is alright by me. Those that don't like O'Reilly are going thru the first stages of DENIAL...... Anger. You'll come around sooner or later. You've been so brainwashed by the usual media outlets that it will take a while to bust thru all that soap ;) It took me a LONG time to convince some of you that Land Closure, Gore, the current dirt bike magazines and environmentalists were something to be concerned about. And that, heaven-forbid, you should talk bad about them. I just don't understand how anyone that has lived thru CNN and their lies(the infomercials for Gore during the election should have been enough to make you see them) doesn't love O'Reilly....then again people hate to hear the truth and for that I am apalled at some of you that I thought were smarter than that.

Last edited:

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
Not joking one bit. O'Reilly and I are a lot alike and maybe that is why I like him. He makes people think and for some that time took a bit too long in coming around. I blame the media more than I blame any one person. They have done one stellar job of brainwashing America.
As far as his book selling goes....... I think he needs to back off it a bit, but only because of the perception. BUT I think his heart is in the right place to get people to read something that will do them good........make them think.
Like I said, the first sign someone is think is the fact that they got good and mad. Most of the time they are really nad at themselves. Why do you think I spout some of this stuff?........ because I am really mad at MYSELF for believing some of the things the media has spouted for so many years.:scream: :ugg: :(

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I think the point is Bill... there is no one source that should be considered the end-all. The "Factor" is just one source and Bill can be wrong and sound petty at times.

It's about balance of sources used to learn about the issues from several angles. Nothing in this world is black and white. I don't consider people I agree with to be 100% correct and those that disagree with me to be 100% wrong. When I believe that I know all there is to know, I'll make statements like that. Until then, I'll absorb as many view points as possible.

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
Couldn't agree more. I don't think O'Reilly is 100% correct(he's wrong in supporting the idea of 'racial profiling' being a bad thing... it's good police work....... HARRASSMENT is another issue). O'Reilly isn't affraid to say what his audience is thinking. He askes questions that we have wanted answers to for a LONG time....like :
-Where is Jesses Jackson's church? And why doesn't the IRS look into very questionable tax issues he has?
-WHERE is the money going for the 9-11 funds? Who is accountable? When will the victims actually SEE the $$. Why weren't the other media concerned about it?
-The "Hollywood set" seems more concerend about themselves than they do about the victims and getting the U.S. back to "normal". Case-in-point...the Awards ceremony they keep cancelling(Actually I wish they'd just permanently cancel it ;) )

Can't wait for him to tackle the Land Use issue, although I think he will side somewhat with the enviro crowd.......but NOT because of freedom of access issue.....because WE need to protect the land more.

MBFTY

Uhhh...
May 4, 2001
Check the Mail?

Did anybody check the mail today?

The post offices are sending out this card with ways to detect a suspicious package on them.

I thought that was interesting.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom