In Tacoma looking for ride company !

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
I am visiting Tacoma and would like to connect with some other women/ riders.
Id planned to ride with my boyfriend in Entiat Valley, but now need to be back early Sun... Id really like to ride but I dont know the area.
Anyone doing a day ride during this week or weekend of 11-12 ?
Anywhere within a few hours is fine.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I’m so sorry! I really, really want to go, but I wadded up my knee. :( I can’t really walk or drive a stick so riding is out of the question. I’m really bummed out about it. If you want to do some good riding within 3 hours of Tacoma, the Mad River area is great. If you go north to Hwy 2 and turn towards Fish Lake, you can access the Mad River trails from there and they connect to Entiat. I’ve been there twice and it’s now one of my favorites. A lot shorter drive than all the way over to Entiat, too. I’ll put out the word for you with my friends around here. There are some other good places to go near Cle Elum, too. Check out www.nmaoffroad.org for riding areas around here.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Maybe Friday?

I may go riding after work on friday over in Bonney Lake. I work till 5. Will be up there by 6 if I go. I could be up there earlier if you wanted to go. I get a good 3 hours /30 miles in. A nice way to wind out the day! Let me know ASAP if you're interested!

Jeremy

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Firecracker ...
Sorry about your knee.. OUCH! How did ya do that ?
Ill be up here for a few weeks.. if you get mobile soon let us know ...

Ive ridden at CLe Elum.. Big creek & north ridge.. nice ! Saw mountain goats grazing the high ridges..pretty cool...

Last weekend we camped at Goose Creek and rode Mavrick Saddle to Mad Lake.. Short ride because we were part of a group that showed a reporter and photographer from Seattle PI what riding trail was about. They are doing a pro dirtriding article.Look for it Aug 16 in the outdoor section.
Im headed back to Mad River tomorrow .. riding Fri , home fri night
You are right it is nice there!!

Week before that we spent a few days in Gifford Pinchot... WOW !!!
Jumbo Peak on Juniper ridge the view was awesome.. could see MT Rainer,Adams,St Helens,Hood...and the wild strawberries so sweet!
You do have some great riding up here !!

JEREMY !

Thanks for the invite !
Looks like I now wont be getting back late Fri night .

Keep us posted... maybe we can hook up

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Saturday?

I may also go saturday after work. Same place, but I can go an hour earlier as I get off at 4 on Saturday. What part of OR are you from? I was born in Roseburg, and have relatives in Camas Valley. I'm wanting to plan a trip down there if I can get some people from up here to go. You said you'll be up here for a few weeks? Well, I can ride any afternoon after work, and any time monday (my riding day) Let me know if ya want to ride.

Jeremy

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Jeremy

Sounds good ! .. Ill connect when I get back Fri night..

I Live So of Grants Pass off Hwy 199 ( Redwood Hwy )

OK !

See YA....

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php&threadid=21146

Here is my sad story. I know there is good riding in the Teanaway area, and Walker Valley to the north is supposed to be good too although sometimes crowded. Reiter Trails is another popular area--but known as tight, gnarly, and twisty. It's near Gold Bar.

You rode where we wanted to at Mad River. We parked at Maverick Saddle and rode from there (the first time I was there we started at Goose Creek) and were planning on going to Mad Lake but missed a turn and ended up at Tyee Peak instead. :eek:

slickhenry

Jul 13, 2001
I reeeally need to hook up with some of you peeps who know where all these areas are...
I realize you were looking for girlies but if you are interested I am going riding on monday and I will be going through Tacoma on my way there.
You would be more than welcome!

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Hey Slick, have you been to the area near Bonney Lake? aka Victor Falls. I can ride there almost any day after work. I have mondays off just so I can go riding :) Let me know whenever you want to go. I'm always wanting to go, and need to find more people to ride with. Everyone I ride with well.....sucks! I'm not saying I'm some expert or anything, but I can hold my own. I need people who can ride good, and help me improve and vica versa.

Get back to me!

Jeremy

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Firecracker !

We camped at Goose Creek..The river is Awesome.. right through the campground.
Anyhow we did about 80 miles.I cant remember all the trail names...but I remember Klone peak .favorite trail and increadble view...Where isnt there in Wash,Im blown away !

HATS OFF ! to you guys who ride these trails.Miles of side hills and beaucoup switchbacks,rocks et al .. make for a VERY challenging day.
I rode with Marshal and Dave both have lived here and know the trails well..

The guys stayed up there and are riding from Entiat to Lake Chlan tomorow. I had to come back.but will be meeting them for a monday ride. Wanna come ?
I needed the break anyhow as by the end of the ride my forarms felt like spagetti.Im not fast but manage to get there somehow !! Way Fun !

The last 9 mi of trail I opted for the road back to camp.I think the miles and miles of side hill had finally wore my brain and hands down.Though not horrified anymore Im more than respectful :-)I kinda felt like a weenie taking the road, till I heard how far we had ridden and that Id been riding for 71/2hours with little break time... being last you dont get many breaks :-)

Thanks for sharing with me places to ride.
I thougt I might have to stay in town so was looking for ride company to fill in the days here..And to meet some Wash DRN'ers

Ill be up for a while, maybe we will connect...

The "wadded Knee" page wouldnt open...
Anyhow.. hope you are better soon !

Thanks Guys for the ride info and ride offers..

Last edited:

Top Bottom