High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I brought my little helmet cam but 89R was always too far ahead for me to use it. The only time I could have taken video was if I was to have ridden the CR250 while he pulled me back to the house, but that would require me letting him control the throttle and we all know how smart *that* would have been!

I did manage to get one picture just after we had attached the "tow rope". I promised not to tell anyone but now that the picture is out, everyone will already see it, anyway. Sorry, Terry. 89R doesn't really ride, anymore, he just dresses up and uses his specially trained CR2fitty as a walker. AAMOF, he can't see, either, so I kept telling him I was his guide dog. I had to photoshop myself out of the pic to protect the less than innocent:

89R_Walker.jpg

BTW, next time I get out there and can ride, I want to go to Perris for flattrack lessons! I really want to learn how to back it in and carry it that way around the turns.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
I really want to learn how to back it in and carry it that way around the turns.

How the hell would I know, my throttle was stickin'. :yikes:

Ivan.

I have another Gomer sighting story. :ohmy:

To be honest, Gomer has been out here several times. The first time he came here he wanted to ride one of our MX tracks. So, Elk loaned him his RM 250 and we took him out to the Elsinore MX track.

Of course we told him if he wanted to ride with the Wrecking Crew he had to wear the official tutu. We told him all of the new guys to the Wrecking Crew had to wear the pink tutu on their first initiation ride. Well, we didn't actually have an official tutu and nobody has ever actually had to wear one but elk happened to have a pink tutu. :ohmy: Don't ask me why.

Anyway, Elk loaned us his tutu and we took Gomer to the track. Gomer seemed quite anxious to wear the tutu. I don't know if he was more excited about being at Elsinore or wearing the tutu but, he put it on and went out on the track. I remember watching him and Thumbsy riding over to the track and this guy was riding back from the track. When Gomer rode by, the guy stopped and turned around and did a double-take. He looked like the guy in 'On Any Sunday' when Jeff Ward wheelied by on his mini bike. He looked at me and said, "Did I just see what I thought I saw?" I told him yes and I said, "do you know who that is?" He said no. I said that is the world famous High Lord Gomer.

I remember seeing him and a couple of his buddies parked next to the track watching and pointing at Gomer. It was pretty funny. :rotfl:

The funniest part of the whole deal was, we got the idea for the tutu from Gomer. After seeing the photo of him at TNT or Dirt Week with his tutu we thought that would be a good initiation for the newbys of the Crew. That's how the tradition of tutu started and the only one that has actually had to wear one is Gomer. Oh, and Elk.

Ok Southern boy. Speakin' of pictures, where's THAT picture? :debil:

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Holly Crap.. I am crying... :rotfl:

Having actually ridden with 89R on multiple occasions I can say that this is NOT an uncommon ride with the old man.. :laugh:

He is as old as dirt, does smell a little funny and leaks a bit but he can ride circles around most of us young guys..

Now somebody come pick me up off the floor because I can't stop laughing long enough to get up.. :rotfl:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
flyingfuzzball said:
as im reading this one thing is going through my mind

WHY BARBED WIRE LOL

There's always barbed wire on an 89'r ride .. it usually involves dragging the bike under a barbed wire fence. Never put new gear or shiny plastic before these rides

Anyway...this thread belongs in the organized rides/places to ride forum...idjit's... :coocoo:

Well, maybe not.. this is not about the ride actually (don't ask, don't tell).. :nod:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Ol'89r said:
Gomer seemed quite anxious to wear the tutu. I don't know if he was more excited about being at Elsinore or wearing the tutu but, he put it on and went out on the track.
See, I thought ahead to the next week, and the week after that, and....

There I was driving Elk's YELLOW pickup with his YT250 with #214 on it. What better thing to do than ride around with a tutu so that people would talk and point him out EVERY time he goes back after that?!?

See how I repayed his generousity in loaning me his bike, his truck, his riding gear, and letting me sleep.......ah, um.....in his house?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
High Lord Gomer said:
See, I thought ahead to the next week, and the week after that, and....

There I was driving Elk's YELLOW pickup with his YT250 with #214 on it. What better thing to do than ride around with a tutu so that people would talk and point him out EVERY time he goes back after that?!?

See how I repayed his generousity in loaning me his bike, his truck, his riding gear, and letting me sleep.......ah, um.....in his house?
No wonder Elk went to work with dogs!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
I did manage to get one picture just after we had attached the "tow rope". I promised not to tell anyone but now that the picture is out, .

Well, one good picture deserves another. :debil:

This isn't the picture from Elsinore but you guys will get the idea.

*DISCLAIMER*
Remove all liquids and foodstuff from mouth before clicking on link. Or cover computer.

WARNING. Viewing this link may produce nightmares in small children and uncontrollable giggling in adults. :laugh:

Don't say I didn't warn ya'. :ohmy:

Click here ----> http://themxtrack.com/tutu3.jpg

Gomer, remember what they say about paybacks??

BUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA! :rotfl: :moon:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Gomer is DRN's Corporal Klinger. :nod:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You guys are getting way off topic here...this is my version of "Dream Ride"!

Besides, that last picture was of Uwe looping it out...not me.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm here for you Gomer, pink tutu in hand. I wiped off the seat from the last time you rode the mighty Zuk. This time, please wear underwear!

Top Bottom