Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
Hey folks ...

I recognize this is short notice, but I got a call from Young Ted tonight and during our discussion he offered to come up and ride with anyone interested on the titled date and time ... this is the first chance he will have to be in our area for a while, so if you can make it happen, please come and join us at Evart!

I am looking forward to meeting Ted in person and then watching him disappear in the distance while I struggle to keep up ... so if there are any really slow folks interested, please make sure to be there, I'd enjoy the company while we bring up the rear!

No specific plans ... we'll ride 'til we're done ... then maybe some other fun? Ted did insinuate this might be the inaugural meeting of the IWAAC'ers* group ... we need to start planning early so as to maximize our combined detrimental effects.

terry nestrick :ride:

[*Irritate Woodsy At All Cost]

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I would love to Join ya's. But unfortunately I am heading to the U.P. on Wendsday for some ridding. Have a great time at Evart. I expect a ride report when I get back next Sunday.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Hmmm, interesting. I may try and join you guys. I was supposed to have all that week off to do the Six Days, but I'm pretty busy at work (and due to my illness not sure I could've done the Six Days anyway) so cancelled and am taking a day at a time. So-o-o-o, if I can get done on Tuesday what I need to accomplish, I'd like to join ya's!

I've never ridden Evart, should be interesting.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Mark - No 'should be interesting' about it. With the IWAAC meeting it's guaranteed. If you can make it, there is the possibility of another 20 coming your way, under the table of course.

Young Ted

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Well don't forget the deal we made that ended up being a tax writeoff! You know that gets the score to INCA - 2 Kadie - 0.
We'll just have to get Woodsy healed up to even the score!

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
Mr Weissen

Looking forward to meeting you for the first time as well. This IWAAC'er group may just become the hottest thing on the cycle circuit today ... never mind those petty business write-offs you two have been hiding ... let's hit the big time with a complete line of promotional gear:
  • Tighty "Greenies" embroidered on the seat: "Kadie's Favorite"
  • Burnt Squirrel Trail Bars labelled: "Getting Lost Can Be Fun!"
  • Boon Trail Signs with a detachable, spinning pointer
  • GREEN is GOOD lapel pins [Elephant & Mule versions coming soon ...]
  • Woodsy for President - Put a Dirt Biker in the White House pins to hand out at IWAAC'er meetings
Of course all this will necessitate forming a huge corporation from which we would be able to siphon off vast amounts of money ... then we will simply buy the UP, make cars illegal up there, and have the trail start at the north end of the Mighty Mac ... a single sign will read, "Dirt Bikes RULE!"

As you will undoubtedly discover, my mental acuity is vastly superior to my physical athleticism ... I write much better than I ride ... but life is good at any speed on a couple of wheels with your friends ... hope you can make it! On thinking about it, I hope I can make it ... the Evart Trail that is ... :ohmy:

terry nestrick :laugh:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Terry, I'm looking foward to meeting you as well. I've enjoyed your trail-logs immensely. I also share another common theme with you besides dirt bikes - I grew up in Midland, lived there 15 years or so. I haven't lived there for 20+ years, but would enjoy hearing how things are there now.

I like all your ideas on new products, but I REFUSE to wear TIGHT GREENIES!!!

I like the "Woodsy for President" idea. Sounds like a DRN online vote is brewing......any other nominees??

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
hahahahahh ahhhhh HAHAHAHAHA! :) Nestrick - YOU ARE NOTHING SHORT OF HILARIOUS!! I gotta tell you something brother - if your as funny in real life as your writings present you as, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A RIOT ON THAT 3 DAY LOST EXTRAVAGANZA!!! The ol' Boon Trail will never be the same!
Seriously, if there is such a thing left on this site, I have GOT to get this back thing behind me and get some trail time in with you!! So, YES, IT IS WORKING!!!
Keep up the great stories (I can only HOPE that, thats all they are is Stories!).
Forget riding, now I gotta get better so I can proect myself!!!
Ya'll have FUN on that ride coming up! May the "gods of lostendom" guide your entire trip :nener:
Dreamin and Steamin :ride:
Woodsy

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
Hey Woodsy

I'm eminently neutral, glib, over expressive, impulsive, and quick to slander ... have an extremely sharp tongue and a willingness to use it at the wrong times ... tendencies leaning toward 'dark humor' bordering upon absolute grossness [a direct quote from my current spouse] ... but funny ... naa ... nobody's ever mentioned that before!

Most folks can tolerate me for short periods ... some complain ... many leave during introductions. I prefer explosives ... made a career out of poisons ... and have dabbled in antidotes. While other Scouts were learning to collect dead fall and start a fire by rubbing two sticks together ... I was perfecting the magnesium powder plus diesel fuel approach to starting a fire out of branches 50 feet above the ground while still attached to a living tree ... my scoutmaster didn't find this funny! On the other hand, he did manage a smile when they threw me out of the Scouts ... my closing statement: "What do the losers get?"

If this sounds like someone you might enjoy being lost with ... then perhaps you need to lighten up a bit on the pain killers ... they might be affecting your judgement? Oh yea, I forgot to mention ... I'm a lousy dirt biker ... gees, no one's perfect!

terry nestrick ;)

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Woodsy - The Boon Trail is not the same right now. It will no doubt get worse too. You can thank IWAAC for it if you'd like. I know it would be best for you, well maybe not, if Terry was just telling stories. It's sometimes surprising how a story just happens to turn out true. That I meet with Terry tomorrow has absolutely nothing to do with it. Time to stop this and let Beelzebub take over the keyboard.
Young Ted

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Ted & Terry (sounds like the makings of a TV Talk Show or something): You two yahoos will fit together like milk and cookies! I know for a fact that Father Nelson sours over time and am pretty sure that Terry is a little KOOKIE :)
Ted, by his own definition I think Nestrick's Nemesis is to found up at a resturant in Baldwin! You REALLY need to stop in there and introduce Terry to Renie - tell her Scottie sent you Terry!! You described her to the tee in your last barrage of nincompoopery :nener:
Actually, your definition comes pretty close to my lifes story! Do you have a tendency, ok guys, do you have an OVERWHELMING trait to "choose the wrong trail" and end up at the crossroads of "lost and REALLY lost" at times?
Sheesh Ted, we could have another "soul mate" as described by Napper!!! :yikes:
Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Thanks Don! There are times you 'bologafilledyahoos" make it VERY difficult :nener:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm planning on meeting you guys at Evart by 10am. I'm not certain you'll get this message before you leave. I'm bringing my son, who celebrates his 19th birthday on this ride. Come to think of it, at 11:24pm, 19 years ago from when I'm writing this note, my wife and I were on the way to the hospital. 2-1/2 hours later a little pipsqueak decided to join us and change our world forever. Then two other pipsqueaks came along later and totally hosed us!

As most people know when Andy "plans" to ride, if I'm not there by 10, it means he didn't get up, or dragged butt so long we were late. So, take off without me!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
HAPPY 19TH TO ANDY (son of Mweissen and Mrs. Mweissen)!! Have a GREAT day on your special day Andy!! :thumb:
Keep an eye on the guys you are riding with today - especially the guy riding a bike named Inca, he is a KNOWN instagater ... You NEVER can tell what stunts they may pull on a "normal day" - much less someones "19th Birthday"! :laugh:
Your ol rippin buddie
Woodsy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks for the note to Andy Woodsy, I'll pass it on.

It turned out we didn't make it to Evart. Thinking Andy was going to be the hold-up, it turned out to be me. Just before we were to leave, I began feeling sick to my stomach. I sat around for awhile, thinking I may lose my cookies, then decided to leave anyway, figuring if I got sick we could just turn around. By then we changed our plans and headed to White Cloud. I felt bad I was gong to miss Nestrick and Young Ted, but with my health being more and more unpredictable lately, I have to do what I can do.

We pulled into an empty parking lots, the morning air a lot cooler than I expected. The birds were singing up a storm, it was really neat up there. We put on the gear and got down the bikes. By the time we were ready to leave a couple other guys that decided to take the day off to ride ATV's pulled in. We were the only two trucks in the lot for the day.

Thinking White Cloud may be soupy, I was surpsed to find it a dust bowl. Sandy and rooty, and is typical for this time of year. But fast still. I brought the Honda, promising to keep the KTM nice and fresh for its new owner (George in Carlsbad California is hot on getting the bike). Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm really growing to like this Honda. It handles beautifully, the suspension is even better than I thought the first ride, and the motor is exactly where I wanted it to be in terms of linear powerband, low end torque and get-up and go. There's a little more midrange hit than what I felt at the Little Manistee, but White Cloud is more open to use it anyway. The only beefs are I cut the bars just a little too short, and the rear brake is a little more mushy (most rear brakes feel mushy when compared to KTM rear brakes anyway). The new Clarke tank has excellent range.

Andy centerpunched a tree halfway out and tweaked his compression level, but otherwise was OK. He's definately moving toward the MX crowd. He liked the ride, but says he's likeing the MX tracks more. Time to find another riding partner!

We got home just in time for Andy to take off for work. A big steak dinner will be there to meet him when he gets home.

I hope Ted and Nestrick had a good time.

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
Mark & Andy

We missed you guys today ... Mark, sorry to hear you were not feeling up to par ... and congrat's to Andy for successfully making 19 years of age! Ted & I BS'ed with the other two folks who showed up at Evart to ride this morning, then spend a few minutes talking to the DNR folks who where policing up and mowing the trailhead. By about 11 we decided you were either lost or not coming, so we took off.

Just as you reported having a great time at White Cloud, we too had a wonderful time cruising Evart ... and I do mean cruising. Ted kept the pace at break neck speed from my perspective ... I couldn't keep up with him ... but we both agreed that the weather was perfect, the trail outstanding, and the companionship only slightly lacking in that we missed your company, but otherwise a near perfect outing.

I will have some pics and a bit more of the story of our Evart Escapade perhaps to tomorrow.

terry nestrick [and Yound Ted in absentia]

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi Guys:

Glad to hear you ALL made it out to enjoy the FRESH air!! Sounds like EVERYONE made it back to the rigs in one piece and, as 2big4akdx puts it, that makes ANY ride a good one!!!
Mark, sorry to hear about your not feeling well! That aint NO fun, but really cool that you were able to do White Cloud anyway!
Terry, I got a e-mail from Ted that you guys couldnt get thru on the land line. Sorry to hear, I certainly am looking forward to meeting you too - perhaps at a future ride :thumb:
GLAD you got to meet that instagater and TRUE friend, Young Ted!! The man is a blessing!!
Ted: Glad to hear you and Terry had a good time up yonder! Heres to MANY more good buddy :thumb: Also, howed you come out on your 7am front end alignment? If I were you, I would ask about a rear end alignment while your there :laugh:
Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Anther missed opportunity! I was hoping to make a surprise visit. But it just wasn’t in the card yesterday :( To much happening at work and bit short coming into payday. I would have loved to try to keep up with "Lightning Ted". Terry I look forward to riding with you! Mark there will be other day's to ride. Keep a stiff upper lip!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Mark - Your physical situation and spending time with Andy come first. Other things are second banana. Now you can look at it as a goal for next year on Andy's 20th. As you well know, a birthday party in the woods on the trail is tough to beat. I've made a note of July 27th. for next years schedule.
Young Ted

Top Bottom