salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Roselawn was great fun. The new trail was fantastic. Miles and miles of semi-open smooth woods trail! Bunker had an outstanding day with a B-Overall dropping 44pts.. Rumor has it... that a picture of Don riding a KTM is floating around. Great seeing everyone.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
First time on a bike in over 5 months, and I had a blast! The trail was fantastic, and the weather was perfect... Blue skies, sunshine, and 60°. Even had a strong wind that helped keep the dust down in the bean field. The trail was exceptionally well-marked... Wish more D14 clubs would adopt the fluorescent orange arrows that are widely used in Indiana. :nod:

Half-way through the race I realized that I somehow missed the first check, but the fun-factor on the trail was huge so it didn't even matter. A nice variety and mix of trail, and the sections flowed together nicely. There was some fun tight stuff, fast flowing through some open woods (reminded me of some Jack Pine trail), plenty of log crossings (but not for miles on end), some surprising hill climbs, and the resets were spot-on.

My son houred out in the last section, but am proud he's been able to finish the 5 enduros he's ridden. He told me the best part of the day was having Mr. ISDE Jeff Fredette help drag his bike up the ditch crossing after looping it out near the top. :) There's a great shot of someone else looping it out... I hope Stineback posts it on the club's web site.

Many thanks to all the club members and volunteers who worked hard to lay out some great trail, and put on great enduro.

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Salgeek also had a very nice season opener as new 'A' rider... Second place in a well-attended A-200 class. :cool:

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Great event! Best Sand Goblin to date. :cool:
Was great to see everyone, too.
Looking forward to more fun events this season!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I was wishing I was racing it after helping out for three days. I did get to ride the trails a lot. Heard good comments about the trails, wish I could say the same about the check clocks. Good to see everyone who made it to the two checks I worked. Sorry for the brain fart Magoo....... :coocoo:
The club members are a blast to work with. Mr Fredette is something else... :nod:
To anyone who has heard the myth that the ditch crossing is made harder for the riders, believe it and I have photos to prove it..... :p
It is like Bigfoot, you think he exists but there really isn't proof, but now there is.

Great seeing and talking to everyone, even you Salgeek who kept bothering me with all of those Yamaha questions. Just buy one already.... :cool:

Jun 23, 2006
I had a great time. Thanks to everyone who worked together to put on a fantastic enduro! Conditions were perfect. I agree with Smit-Dog that the fluorescent orange arrows are the way to go!

:ride:

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Great event

We had a great weekend as well. I was really proud of Justin on the 65 on saturday and even though my clutch let loose at mile 71 on Sunday, ruining my day, I have to say that it was an awesome trail and I was really enjoying it. As others have said, there was a good mix of everything and just the right amount of logs.

I have to say that sitting in the woods for 1.5 hours watching everyone go by, waiting for sweep sucked though. Ended up pushing the bike for a mile until I could see a main road and then walked most of the way to the next check to get a ride back to staging. First time for everything I gues is how I am looking at it!

None the less, it was a great weekend and it was good to see you all. Hopefully most can make it to the tree planting next weekend.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
FMF busted his ankle in three places on Saturday midway through the second loop. He toughed it out and finished. He will be in a cast for 7-8 weeks - fortunately no surgery is required.

dbkidcraig

Nov 6, 2006
Had a great time yesterday during the part that I rode. It seems the bad luck bug has bit me as of late. Had something rip my rear brake line off the caliper. The conditions were perfect, the only dust I noticed was in the corn field right a the start. Congratulations to Kris Bunker also for getting his first overall after not racing for a few years. :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Sorry to hear about your Dad. He looked like he was hurting Saturday.

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
Thanks to the club and workers for putting the fencing in the ditch crossing!
I always dread the ditches at Roselawn.
Great trail. I had a blast in the new stuff after gas.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
salgeek said:
FMF busted his ankle in three places on Saturday midway through the second loop. He toughed it out and finished. He will be in a cast for 7-8 weeks - fortunately no surgery is required.
Bummer on the injury, but how many guys his age can claim they got hurt "racing motorcycles"?!? With 3 drops this season, he's still in the running to retain his 55+ class championship.

You and Mike still going to AD this weekend?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I think the award for best performance goes to Matt Lohone - nice form. The crowd went wild as he raced into the woods.
If you had problems, there were a lot of pictures of you.....ain't that right Big Poopy??
Talk about rodeo shots.
I think the photographer felt bad for the guy on the Husky. He got really wet.

By the way, what was Fredette doing? He helped some guys, but there are a couple of pictures of him playing in the mud.

Top Bottom