Indoor MX somewhere between Houston & Lousiana

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I ran into a guy at the FW arenacross from somewhere between Houston & Lake Charles this weekend that was telling me about an indoor MX somewhere around the area. He said it was between Beamont & Lake Charles just off of 210. I was curious if anyone has been there. He said it is covered but has no sides and is open for practice most of the time.

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
I've never heard of it, but you've got me very curious. This calls for a little research.

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
Cool. It looks like it might be worth the trip one weekend.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Looks like it's not all indoors

Do they reroute the track in the rainier months to be under the cover? I can't tell from the picture but it looks like just a small portion is covered. Regardless, I might just have to find my way down there this year, looks like fun.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Hey KiDX, let me know before you go and we might do the caravan thing, and do a hotel stay as well.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
About how far from Houston do you think it would be? I just got back from Houston and it was about a 3 hour drive, if it's not that much further I would like to go.

Mac 40

Jan 1, 2002
;) The Longhorn track is about two hours or so from Houston. That is depending on weather and the traffic on I-10. The track is mainly indoors. There are parts that go outside. From what I understand, it has changed some since I was there. It is a Supercross style track. Jumps & turns, turns & jumps.

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by LaRider20
Hey KiDX, let me know before you go and we might do the caravan thing, and do a hotel stay as well.

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll have to get back with you on an exact date.

xenasdaddy

Sponsoring Member
Apr 8, 2001
LaRider,
Let me know when you go there! I will meet up with you guys and do a photoshoot!
Mike

M

mizundrstood

The track is awsome, I've been there a few times. You'll love it!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…