Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
This was my second indoors trials event this year. The riders impress me beyond my words can describe how they manage to ride a section. Example: Aaron had stalled his bike while the wheels were resting on two edges 5' apart , 5' in the air. He calmly restarted the engine without taking a point! :worship:

Every rider had a tough night. Fives were common, cleans were very rare. It was a little scary watching these guys falling off a section when they are several feet in the air. :scream:

The sections were, the teeter totter section, big drainage pipe section, yellow scaffold section, red boxes, blue tumbled boxes, and very nice manmade natural section, and the waterfall section.

Plus two side by side race courses. The white course was a series of boxes with little walls . The yelllow pyramid section.

Contestants: Geoff Aaron, Ryan Bell, David Chaves,Chris Florin, Craig Wilson, ,Ray Peters, Andy Johnson.

Local rider Andy Johnson was out after the first round. They then had the remaining six go through the two race courses to eliminate two more. Ray and Craig were dropped.

Amazing feat of the night: Craig couldn't make it up a wall, and his bike was stuck between another box. While standing on the corners of two obstacles, and over his bike, he dead lifted it back up to were he wanted it! :thumb:

The results are Bell, Aaron, Chaves, Florin

treefinder

Sponsoring Member
Jun 4, 2002
I also went to the Cow Palace tonight to see the Nation Indoor Trials Championship, sorry I didnt see ya. I watched it on TV last year and it seemed pretty cool, and it was just as good if not better in person. Once I learned to tune out the ever-talking and annoying announcer, that is. Also had the worst performance of the Star Spangled Banner I have ever heard. Ugh.

All the riders were good, but it struck me that Geoff Aaron and Ryon Bell ride at a level above their competition. Sections the other riders made look dramatic, Aaron and Bell made look easy.

I hear they're expanding the "tour" next year to include more events. Attendance was pretty sparse, but this actually made for a better event because you could essentially walk around the place and sit wherever you wanted.

I left the show with trials bike lust. More specifically, I want to get a trials bike, get a license plate for it, and practice urban trials around the city! The bikes are so quiet I bet I could pull it off!

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Frank,
You live in the soon to be Peoples Republic of San Francisco, which may be changed to the Republic de Gonslaves. :flame:

You won't need any stinkin license, power to the people. Anarchy against the state of Kalifornia, :worship:

With Hallihan as DA just tell them you are an oppressed people, they'll let you ride anywhere, anytime, over / on anything.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Urban trials?!
OK click HERE :thumb:

Top Bottom