7. Brock Sellards, Sherrodsville, Ohio, Yamaha
8. Mattieu Lalloz, France, Suzuki
9. Ryan Morais, Turlock, Calif., Honda
10. Ryan Mills, Clintondale, N.Y., Honda

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Vuillemin getting close to 2nd in the standings?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by mx547
it sure gets quiet in here when....

aww, nevermind.
sheesh, you gotta give me a chance to get up first!

I hate it when RC wins . . . :silly:

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Vuillemin getting close to 2nd in the standings?

Yep

250cc AMA Supercross Series Season Standings
1. Ricky Carmichael, Havana, Fla., Honda, 210
2. Chad Reed, Corona, Calif., Yamaha, 188
3. David Vuillemin, Corona, Calif., Yamaha, 169
4. Tim Ferry, Dade City, Fla., Yamaha, 143
5. Ezra Lusk, Bainbridge, Ga., Kawasaki, 123
6. Ernesto Fonseca, Canyon Lake, Calif., 95
7. Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., Yamaha, 92
8. Heath Voss, Mico, Texas, Yamaha, 89
9. Michael Byrne, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda, 75
10. Mike LaRocco, South Bend, Ind., Honda, 73

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
"Boy, my dunlop tires worked well."

Can't we, as a group, do something about this phrase? It is driving me nuts!

If I ever win a supercross I will say..."Boy, my dunlop tires felt awful tonite. A person would have been better off riding on the bare rim."

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
ya skippy may have had a bad race and a sore ass but he's the quickest out there and rc knows it. ricky is so nervous now in his post race interviews. especially A3 and SD.

Portish said that after Minneapolis :laugh:

What happened to Lusk? I came home late, and couldn't get the webcast to work. Still can't get the Archive to pull up--'corrupt file'

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Lusk fall down and can't get up.

He actually looked really fast in the heat. I thought he had a chance until the red head freckeled kid was in 1st by the 2nd turn. It was all over but the crying then. DV stayed close and was catching Ricky slightly until the lappers got involved, or RC got a message on the board and stepped it up.

RC looked like crap the first few laps of the heat, he was making mistakes and just not in the flow. Mid way through the heat he hit his stride and made a great move on Lusk to take the win. It looked like the final was going to be good. DV was awesome in his heat, Reed fell twice and Ricky was out of sinc. That kid has an amazing ability to step it up a notch when it is on the line. The friends I was with all said that even though Ricky stunk up the main, he is an amazing rider to watch. You gotta give the guy credit, like him or not.

I have to throw this out and let the flames begin. The people who boo him on intro's are low class. The guy does nothing but ride his guts out and these fools boo? Ignorant.

147leeman

May 27, 2000
Anybody catch the introductions mishap with Ernesto? When they ride their bike up into the smoke display for intros they have to ride from a dead stop up at a 45 degree angle....that's when Ernie fell over!! Probably the most action of all night was the heat with Carmichael, Ferry, and Lusk. What happened to Brock after getting passed?? Don't want to be flamed either but Carmichael rode flawlessly and rode his heart out...no reason to boo from my standpoint!

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Preston in the top 10 this week. Too bad Bubba didn't go ahead and ride 250s the last couple of weeks.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by 147leeman
Anybody catch the introductions mishap with Ernesto? When they ride their bike up into the smoke display for intros they have to ride from a dead stop up at a 45 degree angle....that's when Ernie fell over!!
Just getting his dirt sampling over a little early :laugh: I like theFonz but he has that tendency to tip over every race at least once. Now if we could just get some of RC weeble wobble in him ;)

KDX'r in IN

~SPONSOR~
May 26, 2001
We got a laugh out of Ernie falling , and don't forget about DV riding a nose wheelie and falling during intro's too. Best race was the heat. The main was boring. RC got out in front and that was that. After the second lap there was not much passing. BTW I think I heard more cheers than boo's for RC.

portish

Jan 5, 2003
man i hope cr or dv can challenge rc again or its gonna be a boring 2nd half to the series. rc must be lovin that east coast dirt.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
As reed seems to have lost momentum, i will do what most fans do and swap my support to DV, i was wondering if he was sleeping for the 1st half a season and now hes woken up??-lets hope so or it will be worse than F1.

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
I too noticed more cheers for Carmichael then boos. Also remember this is the same crowd the gave him a booing of a lifetime last year when he got together with Pastrana. Besides Carmichael winning (yuck) the only other thing I have to complain about is this lack of T-shirt selection this year. I've been to the INDY SX for the last 7 years and half the fun is getting a new shirt. This year you could choose from Pastrana (hurt, not racing), 2 McGraths (retired, not racing), Bubba (West Coast, not racing), or 2 Carmichael (Got talent but i dont care for him). Where were the Ezra Lusk, Grant Langston, David Vullimen, Chad Reed, The Fonz, or how about some east coast 125 guys like Sellards, Jesseman, Brown, or Kelly Smith????? Don't forget this is Indianapolis and they didnt even have a Mike LaRocco shirt. I wasnt too happy about that. But I guess if this is one of the few things I can find to complain about then I guess were doing ok. Well I also paid 28 bucks for an aluminum bleacher 7 rows from the very top. I want to know where the "treadhead" seats were. Well I got to vent. Thanks

APOWER

Nov 2, 1999
Our treadhead seats weren't any worse than the 25 dollar ones. We were 2 rows up, right behind the start. I've never seen a start from that angle, kinda cool.

Also, things must be lonely in that Kawasaki trailer, I assume most of Kawie's money going to keep Stewart on board? I think I only saw 3 Kawasaki's last night.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Adrew Short!? WOW!
That's a great ride for him :thumb: .

The 250 field is really thinning out. The 125 races have been good back east.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Yeah RC! score one for redheads everywhere! (just trying to offset the silence) Good for Short and Preston, I was out of town and didn't get to hear it. I like RC but I hope DV or someome keepa him honest, once the outdoors start, I think he will wave em all goodbye again. ;)

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
DV wrecked on purpose (well, kinda). He could have saved it, but decided to go the extra couple of seconds for show... He jumped off well before it tipped.

I thought last year was better from intro to the main! I wasn't extremly impressed with the show, though I did have a ton of fun! especially since I had pit passes and got to sit with the riders (thanks jay & whisper'n!)!! I even got a picture with THE MAN:worship: (Jeremy McGrath)!!

Last edited:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by marcusgunby
As reed seems to have lost momentum, i will do what most fans do and swap my support to DV, i was wondering if he was sleeping for the 1st half a season and now hes woken up??-

Marcus - Cycle News quoted the Cobra saying he hurt his shoulder badly in the heat race at Anaheim III. DV says he struggled for a few weeks because of the injury, and his training and endurance were reduced.

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
Lusk went over the bars at the end of the first rythmn section, tweaked his bars pretty good. Wouldn't ya know, I wore my Lusk jersey to the race...

I like Reeds post heat race comment about DV taking him out. Something about "My buddy helped me out in the corner over there..."

Remember when MC used to get booed for winning too much. One of the highlights for me was MC taking his farewell lap and everyone going nuts. The Indy fans gave him the respect he has earned. My 5 year old was really excited to see MC, but he didn't understand why he wasn't racing....

Top Bottom