Info about Buffalo Range, Ottawa, IL wanted

clive

Jan 2, 2002
Can anyone help me find out some details about Buffalo Range trail park near Ottawa, IL?

I would like to ride there, but don't have any details of who to contact. Any help would be appreciated, as would any other advice on good trail riding areas within day trip distance of Chicagoland.

Thanks.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Buffalo Range closes in the winter. Another option is Badlands down in Attica, IN, but the place is usually overrun with quads and the trails are like a freeway. Also there is, or was, a place near Kankakee called Motocrazy. Can't tell you much about it since I never rode there even though it was practically in my backyard when I lived there.

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Buffalo Rock closes every year from December 1 until the first weekend in April. A group of us ride there all the time. Send me an e-mail or PM around that time and I would be happy to meet you over there and show you around. I've been riding over there for many years and know the place well.

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Hi Clive,

Where are you from in Illinois? We would be happy to show you around Buffalo Range as soon as they open. Feel free to contact us anytime before that too!!

clive

Jan 2, 2002
Thanks to everyone who answered my post. I'll be heading out to Buffalo Range as soon as it opens. In the meantime, I will check out the other options.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
we are open

every weekend through the winter. we have some trails and a small mx track. the website lori gave above has all the information.
weather has been interesting for sure. but we have enjoyed great times all winter!

wardy

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Clive,

I see we are about neighbors. I live in bartlett and have ridden at Wardy's (Fox Valley off-road) - in fact rode there yesterday. We are about the same age and I ride a KTM mxc400. Wardy's is open all year and if it is around 32-35 degrees I plan to get there on some weekends. Any warmer (like yesterday 40+) at this time of year creates a slippery experience. I also take some weekends to go down to Lincoln Trails (home of past dirtweeks). Send me an e-mail at pomberts@aol.com and we will go riding sometime.

Top Bottom