info need about glamis, planning a trip

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
my one friend has an uncle who live in las vegas and he is going to visit him this summer and he asked me to go. he said that the glamis sand dunes are a 3.5 hour drive away and wants to go. i started looking into things and the info that i got says that glamis is only opened during fall and winter, is this true? i made a post at socalmotox.com and go 2 different answers, one said its only open fall and winter, and the other said they are open year round so i dont know who right. also, do any of you guys know if there are any places top rent quads and bikes? someone on socalmotox.com said there is a place that rents quads there, but i would prefer a bike. i am trying to get as much info. together as i can, so if any of you guys have any links regarding glamis, and quad/bike rentals it would be great.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It's open year round but not many people go there during the summer as it's 120 degrees out there and if someone does go during the summer it is usually just for a night run. During the summer there won't be any vendors you would have to rent a bike in the city and haul it down. The main time to go there is the end of October through April.

Perpetrate

Nov 17, 2003
I just got back from my yearly trip. I posted a few pictures on my web site but I did not get to many of the dunes. Yes it is no fun in the summer way to hot, this Nov it was a sunny 75 degrees.

http://www.geocities.com/ridemoreworkless/Glamis.html

Craig

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom