blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Hi i am currently selling my suzuki rm125, that i use for tight woods riding, i am not an experienced rider and have never ridden a 250 two stroke. I have been offered a 98 husaberg 501 just rebuilt, and bored to 530cc, my questions, What is this bike like to ride?
What reliability issues does this bike have and what to look out for when buying? Would this bike be too much of an animal for an 18 year old , novice weekend rider? Any owners want to tell me about this bike? Thanks

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
any big 4 stroke will be a night/day difference from your 125 ! I've ridden a te 610 husky quite a bit. lots of tourque-is the best way to describe a big 4 stroke. Also lots of top speed. and did I mention HEAVY!! Not to say you won't like it/or can't handle it-but if I were you I'd try to get a couple day's riding on a bike (or one similar) that is that much of a change compared to what you are on now. only then will you get a feel if this type of bike is for you. Good Luck

DezDuster

Sponsoring Member
Sep 19, 2002
I didn't see this post until today, so its probably too late, but unless you want to develop a very personal (non-riding)relationship with your motorcycle do not get the Berg. I still have an Fe 501 that I bought in '98, and while its a great bike, it is maintenance intensive. I use mine exclusively for desert riding and it really shines on high speed fifth and sixth gear terrain. Of course I've had the suspension done by Dick Wilk, added a Scott's damper, and an abundance of other aftermarket add-ons to make it a good desert sled.    I consider the extra attention that I have to give to my bike to be therapeutic, but as an 18 year old novice I would have considered it insane.  

Top Bottom