slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
How about some info on the camping spots? Such as area thats good. If any fees are required. How far from gas station and the such. I wanted to go to this last year but ended up using my vacation time for Hawaii. This year I want to go to moon rock.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
The simple answer is ... come to the V-Day ride :yeehaw:

There are a number of places to camp at Moonrocks. There are no services and fewer trees. There is a bunch of space though.

The nearest gas station / store / McD's is about 15 minutes (or so) south of Moonrocks.

Do you have a map of the area? Look for Winnemucca Road. It exits to the left off of 455 (The Road to Pyramid Lake) about 2/3rds of the way to the lake. The entrance to the riding area is about 1 1/2 miles down that road.

The services I mentioned are all the way back in town where 455 turns north as it leaves town. There were a few places farther out, but they appeared to be simple Stop-n-Rob's.

There are no costs for camping and there were about 10~15 people with the ride group that camped out there last year.

Come on and sign up. GSR was the scribe last year that got us organized. Be watching for a thread soon.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
.... but they appeared to be simple Stop-n-Rob's.......

Hahahahaha....'bout blew Diet Coke out of my nose on that one...! :laugh:

One other item - typically everybody kicks in about $5 and a couple of Porta Johns are hauled out to the camping/pit area.

(Kudos to Massah Strick for arranging the PJs.. and the kind people who helped haul them out last year..! :cool: ) - rb

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
Hey Brian hope to see you again this year. Plenty of room for camping, and it's just a quick 20 min ride back to town where you have a supermarket, department store, gas stations and 7-11. We there in Oct and kept sending the wifes back for more ice, drinks etc... We will be there with the new 29ft Fury Toy Hauler. :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Lots of fun!

gospeedracer said:
Temperature range: 45-65 (some snowy patches at higher elevations)

Check out all of GSR's info on the ride here

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
There's usually a pretty good sized crowd that camps out - maybe 20 rigs, 40 people or so.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I think some one said it was about 4F in the morning, I do remember it was *cold*

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
It was a bit chilly in the mornings but a fire warms you right up.

Kokanee

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Its warmer than summertime up here, what are you guys complaining about. If you get cold just play a little dirt hockey,or pour some more gas on the fire it will warm you right up :aj:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Silly Canucks think it's summer anytime it isn't snowing and anything above -15 is T-shirt and shorts weather.

Cases have 24 beers in them too.

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Old_CA_IT_Rider said:
What are the temperature ranges, day? night? I haven't been to a DRN ride but this sounds fun.
Our water pump supply line froze last year but luckily didn't split. :| riding temps were great. :laugh:

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
gospeedracer said:
Yes, but they're all CRAZEEEE ;)

well, i could spend a couple hundred on a hotel, or i could spend about $75 or so in extra gas and haul my trailer out there. then i can bring spike and squeak (cat and kitten, it's their turn since i took marykate and ashley to idaho), and i can make digiorno frozen pizza every night (tasty and no work at all) and i can indulge in my habit of pouring a beer or two while still in my riding clothes after riding and not have to worry about driving back into town and getting arrested on the way. also, then the kegs of homebrew won't get shaken up being driven back and forth.

mw

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
velosapiens said:
... also, then the kegs of homebrew won't get shaken up being driven back and forth.

mw

yum ... maybe I should camp instead of staying in the motor lodge. I just bought a 10,000 BTU LP heater to put in my trailer.

Top Bottom