Info on Desert Daisies

Thorina

Jan 18, 2002
I am looking for information on the motorcycle club called the Desert Daisies.
I beleive they were only in Southern California sometime in the 60s, early 70s.
I am looking for history, as well as former members. I would like to try to
revive this old club...either as a social thing for women in the desert
or an actual working race club.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Peace,
Janette

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Welcome Thorina - hang out here and I guarantee you'll meet some VERY odd people :)

Thorina

Jan 18, 2002
Hey...how do ya'll get that nifty box on the side of the posts?

peace,
janette

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Thorina - you have to cook all the guys dinner, clean all the air filters, come on every ride for at least a year and read the FAQs (at the top of the page) :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
found this on google:

Desert Daisies: (928)763-8460

There islittle or no info on the web about this club !

Thorina

Jan 18, 2002
Yeah, I know...it's been hard scouting up much info. Have 2 calls to make...just been busy.
It stinks when *real* life gets in the way of my bike time. Doing a National Sunday and
haven't even had time to clean *my* air filter. I'll probably be hanging out the window
drying on the trip down. Clean gear? HA! I figure I keep the competition at bay with a trail of BO.
Where's 928 area code?
peace,
janette

J

June

Desert Daisies

Hi I was a former president of the Desert Daisies club back in 1977....I am not sure who is in charge anymore, I would call the AMA District 37 and see if the club exists....as I think they still do as they are hosting a race with the Viewfinders in November out in Johnson Valley, hope that helps.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
The Desert Daisies exist, and are still active, but they are not like the other clubs.

I am not totally familiar with them other than seeing them mentioned a lot in D37. My understanding is that most (if not all) of the "Desert Daisies" are women who also belong to other clubs. They put on at least one race of their own and participate in the organization of a second race.

According to the D37 website, the contact person is:
janine.kohls@yahoo.com

Rod

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…