Info on DGK brass needle and shaved slider?

longshore58

Dec 31, 2008
Last week I got a whopper KDX parts lot off of Flea-Bay (all 1992 stuff)that include an excellent carb.

A buddy wants to scavenge the large/top screw on cap ......so I take the carb apart and was looking at the slider and the needle.

Took the brass needle out and after looking closely for some ID part marking that it is a DGK.

I've done a fair amount of research on these bikes / and set-ups various riders have on their KDX 200 E-Series bikes.

I do not at this point know much at all about the brass DGK needle that I discovered it the carb.

I'm going to be rooting around the carb on Wednesday when my new V-Force Delta 2 reeds get here .... I"ll install them with the system that was also in the parts lot I got.

(Super helpful customer service people at Moto Tassinari)

I would very much like to know any information you gentlemen have about the brass DGK needle as a possible (??? upgade ???) for the 1173 needle currently in the carb and whether or not it would be advantageous to give it a try.

I'll probably get the RB carb treatment soon enough but right now I'm trying to identify the best route to go with what I already have on hand.

I also noticed the slider length on the parts lot carb was different by a large degree from what I believe is a stock slider on the bike when I bought it.

I can't remember which one appeared shaved but I believe it was the carb with the brass DGK needle.

What performance advantage does a shaved slider offer??

Hope someone can help if possible.....Thanks

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
A brass needle sounds aftermarket, as stock are plated, I believe.

"Cutaway" would be a search term on the slide. More cut away is more air = leaner.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Increasing the cutaway of the slide will lean out the bike at low throttle openings. This may improve power and throttle response if the stock slide did not have enough cutaway.

Usually the slide will have a number on it, like a 5 or a 6, indicating the amount of cutaway in mm. Since slides are expensive, some people will modify their existing slide rather than buy a new one.

Top Bottom