dk8884

Mar 18, 2004
i just bought a 1999 kx250 and need to register it. are there any tricks to getting the dmv to give me a green sticker? i know for sure that i *need* a red sticker because the eigth spot in the vin is a C. Someone already told me to register it, then tell them i lost my sticker and they will probally give me a greenie. Are the stickers a big deal or does it really f*in matter? Any advice will be helpful.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Your older bike should now get a green sticker automatically. They changed the rules last year, and many of the bikes that used to get red will get green stickies now.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
dk8884 said:
Are the stickers a big deal or does it really f*in matter? Any advice will be helpful.

As DirtBikeDave, your bike should be getting a green sticker.. I do know that the ohv parks i have been too they enforce the issue.. I got booted out of Metcalf for the kids bike being red ( we were a week early) Hollister also checks..
Rick

sunnyboy

Feb 24, 2003
yes your bike gets a green sticker and they are checked just about everywere you will go to ride also you need a spark arrestor these are also checked. do it and you can ride with out the worry of being caught with out and will have a better time riding

Top Bottom