Information on TM enduro bikes 1996+

Thanks for the Help! Good Luck with your new bike....i am really glad that i bought the bike off the owner i did...he is a motorbike restorer and he paints motorbikes for the British Superbike Championship....like the championship that Hayden came in from in the US to go to Motogp. I will search for the group and hope i can join....thanks again for all the help.

Would you have any reccommendations on base fork and shock settings....i will be riding 70%mx track and 30%harescrambles! Thanks

blanc

as far as plastics go you should be able to fit '94 to '98 Kawasaki KX125/250 or Gas Gas up to 2000 rear number boards, & both mudguards as they are the same as your TM. This will give you the choice of Black, white or green from the KX range and red blue or yellow from the Gasser range. KX stuff is easilly available by mail order from larger parts catalogues like Off Road Only or Race Spec from UFO Polysport Acerbis etc and quite cheap too. Gasser ones are cheap at about £8 to £9 for side panels and £12 to £14 mudguards undecalled!
You may even find that earlier Gasser rad scoops fit - they certainly look similar. You can probably find old pix of gassers on the web which should confirm the rad scoops. Try the Motomerlin web site I think they have some older pix?
good luck.

Blanc

Sorry but I mislead you slightly on my last post - the KX front mudguard is different shape to the TM but it will fit. Gasser ones are same shape as Yam YZ/WRF and again will fit TM.
Clear as mud!

Thanks Guys....Yeah you are right the GasGas of my dads is virtually identical to that of my Tm, the rear is the exact same, radscoops fit with ease(Modify hole and guide slightly). I have just put on Yellow 1995 Suzuki radscoops, ordered a Black KX rear fender and a black front fender for a gasgas and have a black and yellow gripper seat cover. Hope i can find a simple graphic kit to fit now.
I have to replace the frontsprocket seal, is this a difficult job?

Never had the 96 model. I had the 97. A few locals had the pink bikes.

Here are some pics. I think the blue plastic can go on. Parts on line??? not really. Ask your dealer, he can order anything from the factory or your importer. In Canada there is www.barkerbroscycles.com and Mike's in Germany.
Nice looking KYZ, or YZX, lol, cool bike, looks like fun!!!!