GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Yep, unfortunately. A couple of weeks ago I came off my bike and landed on my right leg. I went to the doctor and they took X-Ray's and nothing is broke but I injured my MCL in my knee. Also seem to have sprained my ankle. At times, both my knee and my ankle still hurt a lot but overall it's getting a little bit better. I have an appointment with a orthepedic doctor this Monday. Hopefully they can do a MRI since the PCP that was gonna do it was denied by my SUCK FACE insurance company CIGNA :| . I could have gotten an MRI a week ago if the "know all" doctors at CIGNA were actually concerned with health care instead of their bonuses. They denied it because they wanted me to go to an orthopedic doctor. They didn't care that my PCP was recommending me to get an MRI, all they cared about was how to cut costs.

Question, have any of you guys done this and if so, how long till I can ride again and return to normal?

Sorry for the anger, I just have no use for these insurance jerks and their CEO's who make $10 million a year at our expense.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
I have a torn meniscus and a strained MCL in my right knee as we speak -- write. Apparently they tend to steer clear of surgury until all else fails, right now they have me on strengthening exercises, anti-inflammatories, and I am back to work three weeks after the injury, the doctor sez it was a minor injury but I am worried about it long term and will seek a second opinion if I am still having problems in a month or so, keeps lockin up and poppin on me and there is still quite a bit of swelling in the evening - I'm a forester so I hike pretty much all day sometimes in some pretty knarly terrain. Having said all that riding wouldn't be a problem, the day after may be a bummer though!

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Hey GhostRider32: I suffered a knee injury with either torn or stretched tendons & ligaments almost 10 years ago when an out-of-control rider landed on me at a track & I slid on the ground for quite a distance. My insurance would not pay for an MRI and I still have problems with pain & swelling to this day when I ride.

Glad to hear you got your MRI, and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
OK, went to the doc today and they said that the MRI showed that I had torn my MCL and strained my ACL. They didn't think the MCL was completely torn and that it will heal fairly soon. I can move my leg and knee more now than I was able to last week and walk somewhat normal without crutches now. It seems to get a little better every day and hopefully I will be able to ride in a month or 2. I still am scheduled for physical therapy 3 days a week for the next 4 weeks so we'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom