injury, heh, this is the place to brag right?

Jul 22, 2004
about 3 monday ago, i was out riding my kdx..just cruisin out in my friends front yard with him, (his front yard is probably about the size of 3 football feilds) and he has a long stone driveway, and it does a turn to the house, so the driveway is raises like 4 feet, so its almost like a ramp, well we were jumping it and after you jump it, it goes to his moms garden, and there a little lane about 6 feet wide you go threw to slow down and then it opens up into a big yard where you turn around, well i was about 10 feet behind my friend jumping it, and you know, we would go threw the lane into the next yard part and turn around, well for some reason he didnt think i was behind him, and he decided to turn around in the lane, so i slammed on my brakes, and my front brake lever just recently broke so i only had back brakes, well the back tire locked up and i didnt pull the clutch in, so the engine stalled and i hit the ground, and my leg caught the ground so my knee bent completly to the right, tore my acl, and ripped out all the cartiledge in my knee i just had surgery last friday..im only 15 and the doctor said im gonna have bad artritus the rest of my life... thought i'd tell ya people, never ride without a front brake! :bang: oh and btw, if i wasnt wearin a helment, i woulda had one bad headache

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
well, that will teach you. either pick your friends better or decide in advance that you will just run them over! :ride:

on the bright side - we all will have arthritis some day - if we are lucky enough to live that long. AND a good doc should be able to patch you back up and after some serious physical therapy, a healthy 15-yr old will continue to be a healthy 16-yr old. it may take some work, but i bet you are back riding before the end of this year (just remember my first comment about friends!)

oh, and if you ride without a helmet - you are just stupid

BigYZ

Jun 27, 2002
I wouldn't even ride if both brakes were not working, that's just asking for trouble. You do know that the front brake is 80% of your braking power right? Why would you want to ride with only 20% of your brakes? Be careful.

blackoutyz125

Aug 7, 2004
dude my friends 78 cb125s has no front brakes and his bro was doing like 70 down his road and a car turned in front of him. He came so close to hitting the car....

There is still like a 150 foot black mark from him skidding!

RATM

Aug 11, 2004
ouch that must suck! But i don't get why you didn't fix your front break befour you went rideing?..did you just like forget or somthing?

Jul 22, 2004
heh, kinda...i just didnt think it would make that big of a difference..i mean, we were just riding back in forth..i didnt think it would have happened

Jul 22, 2004
well its been about 5 weeks. i can walk now, and sit on my bike, but i cant go anywhere with it :ugg: but i go out there and sit on it alot...haha doc said iill be healed in about 8-12 weeks, man physical therepy sucks! i wont be totally back to normal for about 4-6 months. no football this year :bang:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
This is the place to brag right?

Not about something like that. Try to use a little more common sense next time and you won't miss out on football season. :cool:

Top Bottom