Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx

Update on Travis, Hamblin

It appears that Travis Pastrana's knee injury yesterday at Glen Helen was not as bad many were initially thinking. The SoBe Suzuki rider pulled out halfway through the first moto while running strong; he was on his way to the hospital before the second moto started. According to his father, Robert, who just checked in with the Racer X office, Travis had an MRI this morning, and the doctor said that his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) was "100 percent in tact." Pastrana did have a little bit of cartilage damage and could out six to eight weeks, but it could be as quick as four to six weeks.

"Travis caught a rut with his foot while he was standing on the pegs and it just yanked his foot off sideways," explained Mr. Pastrana of what exactly happened to send #199 out of the race. "He wasn't wearing knee braces, but I think we're going to convince him that he's got to learn to ride with them now."

In an unrelated incident, Pastrana's teammate Sean Hamblin may have had an even more painful injury yesterday. Hamblin apparently "racked" himself so hard when he crashed in the first moto that he ripped his, um, well, for lack of any better words, his ball sack. Asterisk's Dr. Bodnar offered to stitch him up between motos, but Hamblin passed up the offer and rode anyway to a painful eleventh-place finish in the second moto. He should be good to go this weekend at Hangtown.

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
Sean Hamblin may have had an even more painful injury yesterday. Hamblin apparently "racked" himself so hard when he crashed in the first moto that he ripped his, um, well, for lack of any better words, his ball sack. Asterisk's Dr. Bodnar offered to stitch him up between motos, but Hamblin passed up the offer and rode anyway

OK, that explains better why he was walking the way he was. I was thinking he was knocked silly (walking like a drunkard).

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
racerx

"He wasn't wearing knee braces, but I think we're going to convince him that he's got to learn to ride with them now."

May be a good idea.

Ya think? :confused:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
He should be good to go this weekend at Hangtown.
Why do I find this amusing?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
He wasn't wearing braces? Gotta love the EVS ads?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't think ol TP has ever wore the knee braces. Knee pads/guards, but never braces.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Two things, TP, for the love of all that is holy wear the bleedin' braces!!!!!!! :flame:

AND Hamblin YOU DA MAN!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: (these guys pay homage to the manly high pain threshold while also going OWIEEEE). Pred, maybe Hamblin deserves a ride in the anti-wambulance.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
Ripped sack? :scream: Ouchies...

That's a career-ending injury if I've ever heard one. :eek:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Originally posted by BEEF706
Pred, maybe Hamblin deserves a ride in the anti-wambulance.

I think that should be called the MAN-bulance!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
racerx

Update on Travis, Hamblin

Asterisk's Dr. Bodnar offered to stitch him up between motos, but Hamblin passed up the offer and rode anyway to a painful eleventh-place finish in the second moto.

That's literally balls-out ridin'! :scream:

Top Bottom