Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Just got back from doctors and i get to keep the cast. No Surgery!!! Atleast for now everything is still in place and starting to mend. I complained about the cast hurting alot and he said if the bones set enough by next wednesday he'll put me in a walking cast. Its soft and has adjustable straps so i can remove it or adjust the tightness as needed. I still wont be able to put weight on the foot for atleast another 4 weeks. I'm happy! :yeehaw:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Good news tj! :aj: You'll be out and about before you know it!
The nice part about the soft cast. . . taking it off for a shower or bath.

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Good new TJ. Hope you heal up quick and get back out there on your new 450. I know I am loving mine. Taking it to the track for the first time tonight.

PAINFULRM

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2002
THIS WAS MY FIRST DIRTWEEK, WHAT A BLAST,THE WHOLE FAMILY LOVED IT...THE MIDDLE OF AUGUST I BROKE MY BIG TOE KICKING A 81YZ465.
10 DAYS BEFORE DIRT WEEK TOOK 8 STICHES IN MY THUMB GOT THEM OUT THE DAY WE LEFT..
I TOLD MY WIFE I WAS GANNA CRASH AND BURN AT DW
SURE AS ---- FRIDAY LATE BROKE TWO RIBS AND SPRAINED ANKLE.
CALLED DOC IN CUBA MISSOURI AT 9:00PM,HE CALLED IN THE GOOD STUFF IN ST LOUIS, THE RIDE BECAME MUCH BETTER,,,,,
STILL KILLING ME....
DONT DRINK THE WATER!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Great news TJ!
Family First - Maybe if you quit pulling trailers/campers around like you were SuperMan, they might actually heal!!! HAHA!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I got the pins in on Tuesday and the surgeon told me to get back on my feet. Yea right, not without some happy pills. The pins get pulled in about 4 weeks and I can't ride until the first of the year. :ugg:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hang in there bud, you're in our thoughts! We'll ride next year for sure.;)

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sounds like everyone is making progress.. Awesome!
I finally went into the Doc's yesterday and they scheduled me for an MRI tomorrow. The Doc is asking me different questions in preparation of the MRI when she asks me: Have you ever had Brain Surgery? The wife jumps all over that one and say: No, But he NEEDS IT ! :scream: Is sure is great to be love :)
The Doc wanted to know why it took me so long to come in and I replied... Well, I guess you can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy. She just gave me a confused look... Heck, I even confused myself with that response. :thumb:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
This is looking more like a orthopedic ward. You guys were suppose to go out and have fun not take turns crashing and getting busted up. What came to mind was how bad it was being hurt and having one long ride home. Hope your all healing and next time leave the dirt sampling to the prospectors.

Rich250F

Jun 11, 2002
I got my MRI on the left shoulder the Monday after returning, and went under the Knife on the 18th. Had to have the entire shoulder rebuilt. Start PT today, and Doc says no riding for at least 6 months. 4 months of PT ahead. This means I am going to have a 5 months to get ready and back in shape and used to the bike in time for DW03. But I have got plenty of time to fix up the bike and clean it, down to the bone. How am I going to make it six months, I have already read all of my magazines and seen all my videos (more then once). I don't know if I am going to make it.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Boodac
What came to mind was how bad it was being hurt and having one long ride home.
Yes we had 16 hours to get home then a half hour to the ER :confused:

Rich hope the shoulder starts feeling better soon- I had a shoulder rebuild 4 years ago and it was worth it after it was done and over with.

Onto my update- Ortho surgeon still is undecided on ACL reconstruction. First he wants me to get the Lat and MCL to heal their rips and the fractures on the fibula to mend. I started PT Monday and already feel a big differance and I actually walked about 50 steps today without any bracing or crutches :thumb: . Hopefully I will get back to work next week- but I have to be able to walk and stand for 8 hours to do it.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Your doing better than me Dave and you have more problems than me. I got a CamWalker put on yesterday but cant actually start trying to walk on it for another week.

The long drive home was probably the worst part of it for everyone. We had 20 hours to do but took 25 to do it. I felt worse for Shawn since he had to do almost all of the driving. I only did 3 shifts of an hour as that's all the longer i could stand the ankle being lower than my body.

MrMXer327, Hope everything turns out ok with the MRI. We dont need any more Damn Yankees sitting on the sidelines. Of course i'm getting snow this morning so looks like riding season might be close to an end anyways.

richkx250, Hope the surgery goes ok and post when it's over.

MrMXer327

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Say WHAT ! Snow doesn't end the riding season TJ... It just brings about a change in the way we have fun..... Put some studded tires on the new 450f and roost some snow !
Hope everyone is healing well... The Doc is working with me and I am feeling better already. I should be good to go by the time DW03 rolls around.

MrMXer327

LIFETIME SPONSOR
News is not good from the Doc... It is looking as though I'll be going under the knife. The results of the MRI show disc ruptures at S-1, T-5, T-11, T-12, L-4, L-5 and something about Left Disc fragrments. I don't know much about it, but is doesn't sound good to me. Anybody here been thru back surgery?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
How is everybody doing?

Doc would not take the last pin out yesterday. Wants to wait two more weeks. :ugg:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by MrMXer327
disc ruptures at S-1, T-5, T-11, T-12, L-4, L-5 and something about Left Disc fragrments.
OUCH! Any more word on what to expect?

I went back to the doctor and my right knee that they thought I had torn the MCL on completely is now tighter than the left knee, so it looks like I didn't completely tear either one. I go back on the 26th, but it looks like no surgery for me! :yeehaw:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Good News Gomer! :thumb:

I'd thought they had thrown in a Labotomy with that comment about a 62 y/o woman :p

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I feel alright, but the foot does bother me if I keep it down for more than a few hours at a time.
I spent Thurs and Fri at a conference and my foot and lower leg swelled up bad. It was still that way when I went to see Doc yesterday. After having to pull the other pin because I dislodged it when I fell, he wants me to cool my jets.
Meanwhile I have squirrels running through my attic (literally), a possum living under my house and all my stuff from DW sitting in the dining room and kitchen waiting on my foot to get good enough to walk on so I can get on with my chores.
I am researching track design for some property I am hoping to get after the first of the year, so all is not lost. :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
You guys sound like a barrel of parts 'n pieces!!! :(

Tony, sorry to hear you toes are still giving you trouble, I thought you were on the downhill side of recovery!

Oldguy, that is good that you will not have to spend the holidays fresh from the operating room!

Gomer, no surgery? That is amazing considering your conditions at DW - that is great!

MrMXer327 - OUCH!!!! :ugg: I hope your recuperation is not a long one.

Tree Jumper, if I put little toy motorcycles in the cereal will that make you feel better?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by IrishEKU
I'd thought they had thrown in a Labotomy with that comment about a 62 y/o woman :p
Oh, I thought they asked if I wanted a Bottle in Front of Me, not a Frontal Labotomy!

Besides, I saw the pics, you mean you aren't a 62 y/o woman? :scream:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
Tree Jumper, if I put little toy motorcycles in the cereal will that make you feel better?

You can keep the cereal, i'll just take the toy bike. :) Preferable one like Elk's. :thumb:

all my stuff from DW sitting in the dining room and kitchen waiting on my foot to get good enough to walk on

I know the feeling. Half of mine is in the dining room and the rest is in the basement getting moldy. Looks like lots of cleaning once i'm walking. :(

Steve, hope your back surgery goes smoothly. My mother says its not going to be fun. She's had several and didnt enjoy a single one of them. I hope you dont have to go thru traction!

It looks like Dec 3rd is going to be a bad day for several people - Oldguy, MrMxer327, and my brother. My bro is going to be having his throat roto rooted. He has that sleep ???? disorder where he cant breath.

Top Bottom