JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I was really relieved to see Wendy walking around under the big top on Saturday night. Seeing the chopper leave DW with her on board was not a good feeling. Dale looked in pretty good shape when he picked up the Truespode Award, too.

I haven't heard any new reports from Whyzee, Taraker, Mick, or Flying Scot. How are you guys doing?

Lola and Aryn apparently got the worst of it. I hope they aren't injured too badly.

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
yeah, Big Guy Steve's family was on my mind last night. Here's to hopin' they're all healing up.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Dale was doing great by the time we got home until he realized his racing is over for this year (last 2 races)
Taracker was back at the awards and said he was doing fine- broke the bone just up on the wrist.
The other kid (sorry don't have your name) involved in that crash was in the big top for the awards and said he didn't think anything was broken.
Is Mick smart enough to know he's hurt (just kidding)- His attitude was no different then when he was riding the nighttime poker run in his pink panties- still smiling
Whyzees family was sounding as good as could be given the circumstances

ksp

Apr 1, 2003
I still have a bit of a headache and my stomach hurts somewhat. But things are getting better. I ran into an awful lot of beer cans while a was there.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser

Lola and Aaron apparently got the worst of it. I hope they aren't injured too badly.

I talked to Whyzee yesterday and he seemed in good spirits and was talking about heading back home sometime this week.

I hope they can make it and everyone heals well and quick.

Ivan

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I helped Whyzee load up and he said they should be leaving about the middle of the week for home. His son had just gotten out of surgery and had 2 rods put in his leg and his arm had been set. His wife had 4 for sure and most likly 6 broken ribs and a punctured lung that they were going to put a tube in on a temporary basis. He REALLY wanted to let the rider that accidentally hit her know that it was not the riders fault and that he hoped he was OK and not too shook up by it.

Taraker is going to have to get his jigsaw puzzle piced back together by a good sawbones but I'm sure he'll be fine. I noticed the pain killers didn't slow down his mouth at all so you know he'll be just fine ;)

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I let Gary know that Whyzee did not in any way blame him and felt bad that people may be saying it was his fault. Gary was NOT waived off and only saw the folks on the ground once he was airborn and coming down on them, with no other place to go. Gary felt really, really bad it happened and wished Whyzee's family the best.

Last edited:

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Fixin to go to the doctor & get the damage report. :|

Originally posted by Patman
Taraker is going to have to get his jigsaw puzzle piced back together by a good sawbones but I'm sure he'll be fine. I noticed the pain killers didn't slow down his mouth at all so you know he'll be just fine ;)

Patman, now that I can only type with one hand you will be able mentally keep up with my posts..... :think:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by taraker
Patman, now that I can only type with one hand you will be able mentally keep up with my posts..... :think:
I thought you always typed with one hand and used the other one to, uh....ummm,...... well not type. :laugh:

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Put it this way JP. I made it to work today. That's a good sign but I will get checked up by the middle of next week just to make sure there was no real injury other than my courage and my loss of riding for the last few days of Dirt Week. :whiner:

I hope that everyone else recovers completely and quickly too.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
let Gary know that Whyzee did not in any way blame him and felt bad that people may be saying it was his fault. Gary was NOT waived off and only saw the folks on the ground once he was airborn and coming down on them, with no other place to go. Gary felt really, really bad it happened and wished Whyzee's family the best.
i'm glad everyone will recover physically, i hope gary recovers mentally as well.it was not his intention to injure anyone. we are all participating in a dangerous sport. glad every one is not permanetly injured, apparently Mr. Dr. Dubauch is more human than human because i've seen jumpers get hauled off the DZ with less impact!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I talked with Whyzee yesterday afternoon and he said Lola was already able to walk a little. Apparently the punctured lung has closed and she is on the upwing! Aryn is close to being able to leave, but obviously they'll all leave together.

I'm not too clear on it, but I think she broke ribs 3, 4, 5, and 6 on the right side in the front, back, and side...ouch!

She did tell Dave he better not sell her bike while she's in the hospital...my kind of girl! :thumb:

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
I am soooo glad to hear all of the good news/reports on the injured. :thumb:

wrench

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
One of the young riders (Zach) with my group broke his arm Friday on the mini-track. He saw an Orthopedist (sp?) Monday morning. Doc said all looks good. No need for a cast but he'll have to wear a sling for 4 to 6 weeks. Zach had a great time at DW and I don't think that the broken wing lessened his experience.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I talked to Zach on Friday and he seemed a little bummed about the arm but said he was having fun anyway. :thumb:

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Glad to here everyone is healing up fast! Whyzee- that is one brave kid you have! Aryn was more worried about his mom than himself!!!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Aryn is far and away one of the best kids I have ever met! I've been trying to steal him for quite a while, now.

Friday morning I was pushing a bike over to wash it when he came out of his tent and asked if I needed any help. Most kids (mine included) will barely take care of themselves, much less be conscious enough to try to help others.

BTW, I talked to Bug Guy Steve again today and he thinks they'll be able to leave the hospital tomorrow.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We both ride big bore, four stroke KTMs - the E model of course (he is MUCH faster), we both enjoy a good laugh, and we both have broken collarbones - mine in five places.  I convinced the nurse that I needed the X ray (the only picture from DW that I have developed so far).

My riding season is over for this year, but I will heal and start planning for Dirt Week '04.

Mike (temporary employee of KTM racing)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by fatherandson
We both ride big bore, four stroke KTMs - the E model of course (he is MUCH faster), we both enjoy a good laugh, and we both have broken collarbones - mine in five places.  I convinced the nurse that I needed the X ray (the only picture from DW that I have developed so far).

My riding season is over for this year, but I will heal and start planning for Dirt Week '04.

:scream: :think:

F&S: Are you typing in a Vicodin-induced haze? Broken collarbone? I thought you just hurt your shoulder, or was it the hand/thumb? Are you sandbagging us on your injury? Who else broke their collarbone? :(

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Talked to Whyzee again yesterday evening and they were out of the hospital and eastbound on I-40 in AR. I warned him about the waitress flinging apple pies at motorcycles in Memphis.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Originally posted by fatherandson

Mike did I miss something? I didn't even know you were hurt. Some neighbor I am.

Top Bottom