'00kx250spode

Oct 21, 2000
I bought an N-Style All-Trac II seat cover for my son's 2002 KX85. After removing the OEM cover, I started to put on the new cover and realized that it doesn't want to fit right. Doesn't matter how tight I pull it, there are a lot of wrinkles.

So I bought a CEET seat cover. When it arrived, I was disappointed to find it fits the exact same way.

I've put a seat cover on my KX250, and I put the original KX85 cover back on. Both fit nicely.

Why am I having such a problem with the aftermarket KX85 covers? Any suggestions? Very frustrating!

Thanks, Mark

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
The hardest cover I EVER put on was for a sx65. It help if you warm the cover with a hair dryer. It was suggested that I even throw it in the dryer for a little bit but I was afraid to go that far.

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Dryer works fine to a point. 10 minutes max. I did one on my KX5 and it was supertight but using the heat helped a lot. Also as I was putting it on (after some staples were applied) I used a heat gun and it really allowed me to work the material. Be careful with the heat gun. It will melt it quick!

'00kx250spode

Oct 21, 2000
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try that tonight.

(Stupid?) question: I suppose the heat shrinks the cover. Does it shrink it permanently? If so, I'm wondering if I should staple down the cover best as I can - then use a heat gun where necessary to tighten it up. Maybe then readjust some of the staples.

Does that sound right? Thanks for the help.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I've never had to use heat on a seat cover, but I think the heat will make the material much easier to stretch.  It would heat it, stretch it tight and staple it down.  When it cools it should tighten up a little and fit great.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
The heat won't cause the vinyl to shrink. It makes it more pliable. If you are fortunate enough to live in a warm climate, leaving it out in the hot sun for a while will help too. Good luck finding hot sun in the northern USofA right now though.......

Top Bottom