installing boyesen reeds

zrenkz

Apr 21, 2003
just bought a set of boyesen reeds for my 97 ,200 and a twin-air filter.was wandering if l have to change the main jet ? don,t know if its the original main jet, how do you tell? not sure if l have to do any other adjustments.my bike came with a pro-circuit pipe but a standard muffler.l am planning to remove the snorkel and drill a few holes on the airbox lid also.any advise will be much appreciated

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I assume you are installing 607's. These are factory replacment reeds and should not cause your jetting to change. If the bike was jetted correctly before the new reeds you're good to go.

zrenkz

Apr 21, 2003
thanks for the help ! they are 607's and l'm glad l might not have to muck around to much .l'll see how l go.do you think l should retain the original reed stopper or should l use the rev plate that comes with the reeds ?any advice much appreciated , cheers!

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Use the Boysen parts. They are made to work together as a system.

zrenkz

Apr 21, 2003
l was told that the reeds are prone to wear premature if installed with the rev plates and not the original reed stoppers , they are expensive here and l wouldn't want to change them for a while! what do you think ?

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I don't know as I don't have experience with that setup. With that said, I change the reeds once a year so I don't know how long it takes to wear them out. I ride about 100 hours per year!

zrenkz

Apr 21, 2003
thanks again Gary ! l'll just have to try and see for my self.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…