Interesting KDX-220 Air Filter Discovery :)

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
Hi Again All,

This might be common knowledge for KDX'ers, but a search on relevant terms didn't bring up anything on it so here's a bit of info for the masses :)

I was just in my garage having decided to clean the no-toil airfilter that I pulled right after a Pismo Beach trip... I mix the No-Toil cleaner in a bucket of water and dropped the filter in and started cleaning it... Suddenly to my irritation I realized that I didn't grab the old Notoil filter, but the original filter that came with the brand new bike.

But equally to my surprise, the filter is coming clean! really clean! I keep washing and Voila, it's completely squeaky clean and ready to re oil...

So it looks like the New Kawasaki 220's at least the 2004's use either notoil or some other form of notoil-like water soluble filter oil...

Just a random factoid for the new KDX owners out there getting ready to clean their filters :) or wondering why using gasoline on their oem filter isn't working :)

Have a good one!

Feanor

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
No Toil

I use the No Toil system. Actually I don't think it's the air filter itself, but the oil for the filter that is solueable with the No Toil cleaner. I use a Uni Filter with the No Toil oil, cleaner and grease. Works fine, as I believe it will with most all foam filters.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom