MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Is anyone going this year to the International Motorcycle Show at Cobo on February 20-22? I know it's more road oriented, but with this weather it may be a nice change of pace. I hope to be able to take it in.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
Is anyone going this year to the International Motorcycle Show at Cobo on February 20-22?

The CCC will have a booth there - you'll at least be able to find 2 people to tal dirt bikes with, although I'm not sure who'll be manning it.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Mark,

Do they have a decent amount of dirt bikes and accessories displayed? I was hoping to get a couple buddies together and go just to break the winter doldrums. I'd hate to go to Detroit unless it would be worth it.

Thanks,
Bill

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
i went last year and was not impressed. they didn't even have a whole lot of quality vendors. it sure isn't the indy dealer show... it's more or less walking into ever local bike shop in one day.... bonus, they have beer::::

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
jackdrinker said:
i went last year and was not impressed. they didn't even have a whole lot of quality vendors. it sure isn't the indy dealer show... it's more or less walking into ever local bike shop in one day.... bonus, they have beer::::
Jack, did they even have dirt bikes last year, or was it all road bikes?

Hiller

May 22, 2001
I ride anything on two wheels, so I'll be going to the show. If you don't like road bikes, you likely won't enjoy it much....
I recall from last year that all of the Jap guys had their dirt bikes. I saw a WR450F there last year (the first one I had seen). I don't believe that KTM had a display.
If you like street bikes, it is a great place to sit on every kind of bike made, from Aprillia & Ducatti to Moto Guzzi.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
What - no KTM's - I doubt they will be drawing many folks from this site :)

Tomck

Feb 13, 2004
I took my uncle to this year's show (first time at the show for both of us) and we enjoyed it. As mentioned above, there were not many vendors at the show. This year, each of the Japanese manufacturers had all (dual sport, dirt, street) of their bikes on display. There was a nice selection of old British bikes that belonged to members of a local club. Would I attend it in July? Probably not. In a Michigan February, however, it was a good excuse to do something bike related and admire bikes among fellow riders. OK, we even looked at some of the road bikes, especially the new Triumphs. How much longer until warm weather?

Top Bottom