Internet Motrcycle sales (skeptical) HELP!

roostu

Mar 18, 2003
Hey guys/gals excellent site here I have been just watching and laying low for the past 6 months. within the past year I have purchased 2 03 Hondas for my kids to ride and have been bit by the bug again. I was wondering if anyone had anything good to say about these sites saveoncycles.com or motorcycle-brokers.com. They seem to be offering some excellent deals, but I am hesitant to purchase without some positive input.......thanks much Ross

03CR85Expert Jeremy
03XR80 Rachel
04CRF450 NOT YET !!!!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
There has been alot of positive feedback on here about motorcycle-brokers.com. The bike will be a Canadian model and may present some issues if you plan on getting a title for the bike. You would also not qualify for any Race contingency money if that was a factor in your purchase. I'm not sure how their prices will be affected with the Canadian dollar getting somewhat stronger the last little while.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I myself like going too a local dealer and keep the people behind the counter working :thumb: Plus, if im in a bind and need a part, they go out of their way for me :worship:

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
i heard its illegal to haul on the roads, or ride on public land on a non titled canadian bike. I think motorcycle brokers includes the paperwork to get it titled though. anyone had any problems with reselling or owning/riding a canadian bike?

roostu

Mar 18, 2003
According to Motorcycle brokers the title is doable, but rickyd you are right about having help in a bind but the price for a new bike is so much cheaper. The dealer her in Elizabeth City, NC wont budge on price 6499.00 PLUS 7.5% sales tax...that SUX! So going outside is a huge advantage for me. I just dont want to wire 5900.00 and never hear nothing again ... if i felt I had some recourse if my bike never showed I would feel better about doing it. But hey you gotta trust sometimes I guess??? Just doin my homework ya Know. The credit card thing with paypal is an additional 3% on the price of the bike which I understand. I cant expect someone to cut an awsome deal and eat another 3% for mastercard/visa. All I know is I am ready to frikin ride!! My sons CR85 is screaming hurry up with my 200lb butt on it. :-)

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
everyone I have heard that has done business with motorcycle-brokers.com has had nothing buy good things to say about buying from them.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Be sure too post a Ride Report on your new CRF450R, i was gonna get one this year, but have decided too hold off til the 05 comes out..
Rick

roostu

Mar 18, 2003
Will do Rick...why waiting till 05 ?? Waiting on Kawi and Suzuk for a 450 ? Did you see the Dirt Rider mag rendition of the Suzuki 450.......aluminium frame and all........sweet!!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Im going too pay off some bills, then buy.. I din't see the article, but i heard that Kawi has a 450 that is being tested.. DOnt know all the details yet..I do think that Honda makes a great bike, plus they have more experience w/the 450..
Rick

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
PayPal has an escrow system that may work for you, they dont get the money, till you get the bike.
I purchased a couple bikes here in the states, (delivered in crate) at much less than retail, shoot me an email if interested.

Top Bottom