Sport

Jul 29, 2006
Is there a inverted fork that is known to fit into the yoke on a 05 KDX 220R? I am looking to ride very aggressive enduro and hare scrambles.I have raced a couple hare scrambles only to find the front end washes out way to easy.

I have talked to some who indidated changing springs in stock forks will help but not really the answer, still slow in rebounding and either too soft or too stiff and dampening adjustments not able to achieve right combination for rider weighing 210 pounds. :bang

Please help.

Thanks in Advance
Sport

email: houstonmich@power-net.net

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
They won't slip right into your triple clamps. Inverted forks clamp onto the outer fork tubes, which are much larger than the inner fork tubes, which is where the clamps ride on conventional forks. You're going to have to do some work on the clamps/replace them to fit the new forks.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
TimberPig is right Sport you'll have to swap the forks and triple clamps. Good news is stock triple clamps aren't worth much. Bad news is you'll likely have to deal with pressing in an appropriate stem. Search pervious posts, I know that there are some clamps that will fit with minimal fuss and only require a spacer.

David

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Yes, you need the correct rate springs for your forks and shock. :-) Every bike does to start to perform well. The correct rate fork springs and shock spring may be enough for you. You MAY want to try that before going to the fork swap. No, it is not as good when each is properly set up. Yes, it is a HELL of a lot easier to at least try the correct rate springs and see if that is good enough for you, for a while.

Sport

Jul 29, 2006
Thanks, currently considering CR 400 springs..., what is known about spacers and spring height for the these. :coocoo:

Top Bottom