RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
I am new to this forum and wondered if anyone in here is from Iowa ? Or am I in the wrong forum ? How about the "hearland" forum ?
Thanks,
Raz

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Hey Raz, welcome aboard. We don't have an actual Chapter here in Iowa. There are a few of us still hanging around. Let us know your location, we are always looking for new riding buddies.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
You guys need to get your buddies involved. Getting a DRN Chapter together will help you all find more places to ride and people to ride with. Just get the word out!

kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
Cool, I know a fella there who spends moocho time on another forum called thumper talk in the midwest section named xriowa. We have a few guys that like to get together at Bluff Creek. I have not been able to make it back after getting ticketed there for no green sticker.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Got busted, eh? :bang: I see a lot of guys get tickets down there. You did go out and get your sticker, didn't you? :cool:

The money does benefit your Iowa riding areas.

The State of Iowa administers two grant programs for the development of snowmobile and All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) trails. These programs are funded by the registration fees from these machines. Fees from each type of machine are placed into separate accounts and can be used for the development of riding areas, trail maintenance, equipment purchases, operation and maintenance of snowmobile trial groomers, insurance, and land acquisition.

Each spring and fall, the Department of Natural Resources holds a review and selection committee meeting to determine how best to spend ATV registration dollars. Representatives from both the DNR and the Iowa OHV Association serve on this committee. Grant applications, submitted in the months preceding the committee meeting, are studied and evaluated to determine appropriate funding.

http://www.iowaohv.com/04registration.htm

Don't get me wrong, I'm not preaching here. It's just sensible to spend the money on your registration, I'm sure it's cheaper than that ticket you got. ;)

So, if you haven't gotten registered yet, "git 'er done!" and let's go ride!

kdxiowa

Aug 2, 2004
Hey, I'm more than happy to pay for riding areas. That's why I'm an AMA member but we were there with dual sport bike which where completely legal and had valid registration. The sign at the entrance said "Valid registration is required" I can only claim ignorance on that since I found out the hard way a dual sport bike not only has to be registered to be street legal but also needed to have another registration for it to be dirt legal. I'm thinking Iowa was getting money-o-plenty from me. :yikes: :coocoo:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
And now I have learned something: I would have thought the same, that a street registered bike would be exempt. They get you coming in, they get you going out...same amount. :bang:

Deww

Mar 14, 2005
Hey y'all,I ride Bluff Creek all the time.Have already been down riding a couple of weeks ago,and the trails were perfect,except for the chunk of dead wood that about sent me over the bars...lol.
I'm in Pella,only about 20 minutes from Bluff.Let me know if any of you are going and I'll try and look you up.
Hoping to hit Fort Dodge's new area,anybody have any info on that yet????

XRIowa

Dec 8, 2004
I guess being XRIowa makes me from Iowa but dont tell anyone!! BTW KDXiowa is a name thief I blew up my XR and bought a KDX and he stole my new nwmae oh well..
I am one of the ones with KDXIowa that was ticketed it was pretty anal to tell you the truth they kicked me and my 7 year old out..
Heres my rant with all this OHV money going out where is our return most of the areas in Iowa are a joke!! It would be nice if they made Bluff Creek a tad bit safer with signs telling you which direction to go I have had alot of friends collide with other riders....
Anyway I love BC and am more than willing to hook up anytime!!
WE WANT FT DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom