Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Never thought I want one, but ....
My phone has iTunes, limited to 100 songs, but the real problem is the volume, there's not enough!

Question for those than own the nano , does it get loud enough? My phone version is so low for example, in the gym I hear their music (over the gym speakers) which itself isn't that loud at all, just a little higher than what I'd call background music. It's okay in a quiet setting but that's about it. I really don't want a "big" headset either. Thoughts?

No, I'm not interested in other mp3 players, got too much in iTunes.

Thanks!

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
okie, nanos get pretty loud.

Careful though i suffer from Tinnitus now from playing in a band and i am only 16. It will be with me for the rest of my life.

I have an ipod video though and it is by far the coolest **** out

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I-Pod nano's really attracted me until I bought this:

MVP LPM SLIMV 1gb SV-1. Basically, it looks exactly like the nano, but plays videos and photos and is sold with a transparent silicone protector! All this for 100 $ CAN. I think it's a deal considering that nanos don't play photos and videos and cost at least twice the price. I've got an I-Pod shuffle too which is very solid :nod: I hate I-Tunes and, so, I've found a sort of crack on internet that lets me drag and drop songs and documents like any other mp3s. Both are loud enough.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Ear phones make a huge difference. I have an iPod video and an old Iriver. With the Sony headphones in I seriously have the volume at about 1/2 the level I need it with the iPod head phones or my Phillips buds. I can crank my iPod to well over 3/4 while jogging with the iPod phones, I can't even get close to 1/2 volume with the Sonys.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I actually prefer quality over volume. When I can find both, I'm so happy. The headphones that came with the Sony PSP, they are both quality and volume. I love them.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okie, be sure you get into preferences > advanced > importing on your iTunes and change it from AAC encoder to MP3 encoder so's you can burn MP3 CD's for yer buds.

of course, everything you buy from the store is in the AAC format, unless someone out there can tell me how to change it . . . anyone . . . anyone?

and my bro has a Nano, he digs it. My wife has a Mini, which they phased out, but you can find 'em for pretty sweet deals on the evilbay or something. I lucked out and won a 20gig iPod from Polaris somehow. pretty damn cool.

Also, if you're really into the workin' out, check this:
http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?cp=...id,f-26005+22004+10002/pn-1&re=US&co=US&la=EN

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Okie, don't get a nano, because as soon as you see how cool it is, with all the music, books & pod cast you can DL, your gonna want a bigger one in no time

Oh and don't drop it in the pool.............that's not a good thing

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I have a 1G Shuffle that I use specifically for running. It works great in that application since it is light and simple to use while in motion. It sounds good and is plenty loud.

I have never used its entire capacity so if I had to replace it, I would opt for the 512MB version for $30.00 less……..cheap bastage that I am.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
rohleder149 said:
hey trial....where would one go about finding one of those doo hickers on the internet?

One of my friends got one on E-bay when she ordered a nano, she got that instead. I bought the thing in a store called Dumoulin here in Quebec. I don't know where you could find this in the States.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Ipod with video. Buy it now or buy it later but you will end up with one. I was talked into one by a friend at work when I was shopping and I'm glad I got it. I use it everyday.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Okiewan said:
Humm.. I didn't think iTunes purchased stuff would play on anything but an ipod?
The info in the link seems to say that? AAC ? Maybe that list is players that can get mp3's from ITunes?
Yeah, after looking a bit closer, it looks like Apple has pretty much taken control of your player options with the protected AAC format. IMO. that's the problem with Apple, they like to control your hardware options by not allowing anybody else's stuff to work with their software.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I got a Shuffle and don't like it. I like to buy books from Audible and load into iTunes, the shuffle does not play books well.
So I got a 4G Nano and it works great! Have a couple holders for it, one for jogging which I don't do much of, and a hip holder.

As per iTunes, I'm back to buying the CD and loading into iTunes. Itunes with the Apple, with the Ipod are much to smart. I downloaded from a used Ipod and can't play any of the songs the previous owner bought from iTunes. Just the ones he loaded via CD.

So I get the original CD, load it, and then store it away incase I need it again.

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
I have the 60gb video ipod. Love this thing as much as my bikes.. It goes everywhere with me. Snowboarding, riding my CBR, the 4-wheeler, and yes my dirtbikes. After that i jump in my truck, plug it in to my radio and off i go. Listen to it at work, lying around the house. Everywhere. And the better ear buds you buy the loader it gets. Also i have a good 300+ CD's on it, and close to 200 pics. Only used 11gb so far.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I couldn't see myself with a 60GB iPod. A whole lot of space...I couldn't begin naming songs that would fill up a fourth of that memory. But video's would help too. I bought a psp instead, that way I got games too. It's big though, so I'm selling it and buying a GameBoy Micro. They have a plug in for it now, where you can play video's and mp3's too.

Letsride, I wouldn't recommend it on your quad unless you have it low all the time, or you shoulder check everytime you turn. I learnt it the hardway on a bicycle. Almost turned into a vehicle on the highway. Might of been my stupidity. But taught me a huuuge lesson.

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
Thanks Elliot. I'm normally so far out front that i don't need to worry.. J/K.
I found you can have it about half way with the helmet on and hear other bikes near you.
My CBR has a full Vance & Hines pipes, and they are so loud. But i ride with my buddies on HD's and always know where they are. Safety is always #1 ..

O yea. we have the same b-day.. Funny. Just 10 years diff..
Keep the rubber side down!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Strapping a psp to my arm at the gym may be a problem, lol.
If I'm home, I don't need a personal player.
If I'm in the car, the sound is covered.
If I want to play a video game, that's covered.
If I want to watch a video, that's covered, I won't be watching a video or playing game while jogging or working out.
I seriously doubt I'd get close to loading 500 songs on a device, I've got like 100 now. I have no desire to rip all my CD's.

I'm going to check out some good headphones and see how it goes with the SLVR (iTunes)... if I need to go more than 100 songs, there's a hack available for the phone to lose the limit.

(I've read some great reviews of these: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Senn...50785/catOid/-12938/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Thanks for the comments! I just talked myself out of spending $200-$300 :)

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
512MB Shuffle, <$70.00 @ Wallyworld........those Senn phones would be a nice upgrade.

The only time I use mine is when running. Like you said, everything else is covered.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
BadgerMan said:
Like you said, everything else is covered.

But its so cool to have your entire music library in the car any time you want it, podcasts like DMXS radio or my favorite Dallas sports radio station, music for the kids when they want it. Just plug in and play in the car.

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

I had an Ipod mini and I loved that thing, not a bad size and it held a lot. I abused the crap out of it to, it has fallen so many times from my bicycle/stairway/anywhere else you can imaging. It pretty much lived either in my pocket or at the bottom of my backpack under all my textbooks....that thing was indestructible. After about 2 and a half years of constant abuse I finally decided to get something else. Decided to be 'different' and try the new Toshiba Gigabeat....10GB....pictures...all for the price of the larger size nano. BIG MISTAKE. This thing is ok I guess but there are some little quirks to it that just annoy the hell out of me, like you can't go from now playing to menu and back to now playing again, and I despise the gigabeat room software. I wish I had just sucked it up and payed the extra money for the 30GB Ipod Video, or even just a nano. Apple definitely got it right when they made that thing.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
elliot67 said:
why not go for the new iPod shuffle if you don't need all the extras? it's very gym friendly. it clips to your sleeve and is sooo tiny.

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

They've changed the model! Mine is much longer.

Top Bottom