Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Found this today, interesting. The guy is a loon, I wouldn't be surprised.

President Ahmadinejad's letter to President Bush, widely interpreted as a peaceful overture, is in fact a declaration of war. The key sentence in the letter is the closing salutation. In an eight-page text of the letter being circulated by the Council on Foreign Relations, it is left untranslated and rendered as "Vasalam Ala Man Ataba'al hoda." What this means is "Peace only unto those who follow the true path."

It is a phrase with historical significance in Islam, for, according to Islamic tradition, in year six of the Hejira - the late 620s - the prophet Mohammad sent letters to the Byzantine emperor and the Sassanid emperor telling them to convert to the true faith of Islam or be conquered. The letters included the same phrase that President Ahmadinejad used to conclude his letter to Mr. Bush. For Mohammad, the letters were a prelude to a Muslim offensive, a war launched for the purpose of imposing Islamic rule over infidels.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Bring it.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
I guess they don't remember what happened to Japan when they attacket us, or Afganistan when they attacked us... I'm with CO, Bring it!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Oh, it will happen. It's already happeing. This isn't a war of nations.
It's a Holy war, and do not make the mistake of thinking it's anything but.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
no question about that. nobody wants this to happen, but they are attacking the whole right and way of life. it will take many generations to change this mind set.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I think that as our society has grown to be more secular, we don't understand what is really going on.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Jaybird said:
I think that as our society has grown to be more secular, we don't understand what is really going on.

I agree, but I don't think "understand" is the right choice of words. Perhaps blind ... I don't know.

There are apparently no Muslims on Star Trek. ;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Like France, China, and Russia?
Two of those are already trying to block any sort of UN led sanctions against Iran. Apparently once again for monetary reasons.

Didn't we have 34 nations backing us going into Iraq, including Australia?

I remember some of the popular kids in high school. They were always the ones who folks sought to be in the clique with...always wanting their approval. I know one of them is now in prison, and another is a very successful garbage man (no offense to hard working garbage men), and another offed himself two years ago with a 870.

Maybe our faith and trust should be with someone, or something else...and I think if our Declaration signers were around today, they would agree with me.

Just as a side note...
I remember vividly the day that Iran took our embasy hostage. My nuclear capable battation was one of many of our division in Germany that went of full alert, loaded up everything we had on the railhead, and sent our service companys to the ammo upload.
We were ready to head full steam to Iran. But a certain President at the time found it neccesary to engage the enemy in a different sort of way. (we didn't know untill we were recalled what was going on)
It took +400 days later, and a Preseident with some sack, to end the thing. Which he ended in 1 day...the day of his inaguration.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
motometal said:
Ok, if this stuff goes down, we MUST get some other nations (no offense but besides Great Britan) behind us before we act!
I would like to see that, too. However, if we must go it alone, just do it.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
I say just nuke em all and ask questions later! WOW that is a very irresponsible position to have! :p

Keep in mind that this muhamjadmonkey boy does not have total power ... the true power lies with the Ayatollah ... the religous leader always has the power over there. Get rid of him and the monkey boy and we might have a different scenario.

just my .02
wrench

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Well not to hijack the thread, I will try to be brief ... After a 1.5yr retirement (to let my knee heal without surgery), Ivan the silver tongued devil shames me out of it for a 12hr 4 man team HS race last Oct.! I tell him maybe, it depends on the knee. So, I borrow OceChaps KTM 300 MXC (set up for 240/260lb sasquatch, I'm still around 180) and go run an MX at Parker Valley in NC. Wow, I finish in the top (250c/d yeah yeah sandbaggin :rotfl: ) ten! So I say sure I'm in for next weekend, put me down! OceChap and I are sharing his KTM Ivan is on his Diesel Piglet, our 4th guy bailed out the night before. We were doing pretty fair when I got a little tired (imagine that with all of that training I did 2 days prior) couldn't get my weight forward fast enough for the 2x4 suspension to stick the front tire in some GA clay silt. It washed out and put me shoulder first into the base of a Live Oak! The tree won, left shoulder pops out about 1.5-2 inches. I have only ridden 2 or 3 times in the dirt since then. However, I did go back to the hardpack twisties of the N. GA mtns. with my newly acquired ZRX1100! I still have the Flappin YZ to boot!

I have a suggestion other than nuking Mohammadmonkey Boy ... a forum for the "They will be back ... They always come back" so us old timers can back into the groove again. :ride: :cool:

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Wrecnh, pm me dude! Good to see that you are still out there stirring the pot!

Top Bottom