Iron Butt 1000 mile dirt ride

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Iron Butt 1000 mile dirt ride - May 17th

Just thought I'd get the word out...

A couple of us in Colorado are organizing the first ever all dirt Iron Butt SaddleSore 1000 (1000 miles in 24 hours). The actual ride will be roughly 1,050 miles and at least 1,000 miles of it will be on dirt or gravel roads thru western Kansas, southwestern Nebraska, and eastern Colorado.

Date will most likely be May 17th. Start will be at 5am in Goodland, KS, and each rider must ride the pre-defined loop and be back to Goodland by 5am on the 18th.

I have pre-approved the validation method with the head of the Iron Butt Association (IBA) and it will be run similar to an enduro, with control mileages between checkpoints and a questionnaire about a dozen landmarks to be filled out.

This will be the first of it's kind and, if successful, could lead to a new category of ride on the IBA website list of rides (no promises).

I am providing witnesses and the pre-approved validation method. Riders are expected to be familiar with the IBA rules and will be required to have a street legal bike for the ride. Reccomended bikes for this ride are 650cc and larger.

For more information, please email me at eurobikedenver@yahoo.com or join the yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dirtss1k

Cheers y'all.

Will

Last edited:

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I've gotta admit that sounds like a lot of fun. I did an offroad 24-hr ironman last year and plan to do it again this year. Nothing like getting 3 months worth of riding in one day!

jabroni1m

Mar 14, 2003
Darn, everything is happening, and I don't have a bike yet. If i had my xr400 already I would do this in a heartbeat. I would like to ride with someone though just to make it more fun. Riding all by yourself isn't much fun. Maybe if a miracle happens, I will get to, but 90% sure I won't have a bike by then.

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
The route is pretty close to finalized. The longest leg is 178 miles and the second longest leg is 146 miles. The 178 mile leg does have an intermediate gas stop about 50 miles in, but it's about 8 miles off the beaten path.

Point is, smaller bikes will need a big tank. :thumb:

Oh, and CJ, you're crazy... :laugh:

Top Bottom