Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Congratulations on your 2nd place finish to snag one of them cool trophies YT! You were looking good all day when I seen ya! :cool:

Anybody get a pic of YT with his billet hardware?...

DW

CW250

Jan 31, 2007
IMG_0873.jpg

photo by Liz

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Great job Ted, that was some fun trail. Hope you find a good deal on a radiator.
Remember that BIG rock on the left, uphill section about 1 mile into the last test section? I caught Ted at the top of the hill where he stopped. Pulled over to see if he was OK. Coolant blowing from the bottom of his radiator like a garden hose.
Hated to ride off and leave you but nothing in my fanny pack was going to help. :yell:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
2nd place!!! Big congrads to the KING TROUBLEMAKER!! Way to show them young-uns how its done.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Congats on the 2nd place Ted. Way to go!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Congrats Ted!

At the second restart, all the bikes were bunched up waiting for their minute to come up, and in comes Ted - shouting "make room" as he charged in for his restart - never a pause to rest - I think he made the restart on time to!

And to top off his iron man routine - after the race he climbed into his van for a 8 hour trip back to Chicago! One amazing man he is!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
At the second restart, all the bikes were bunched up waiting for their minute to come up, and in comes Ted - shouting "make room" as he charged in for his restart - never a pause to rest - I think he made the restart on time to!
It was like the parting of the Red Sea... very cool!

There were some tricky, technical sections, and for Ted to ride the entire course without houring out... :worship:

Attachments

• 2007_09 072.jpg
    2007_09 072.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 156

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Here is part of my side. The support I receive from threads like this are what keeps me going. Thanks to "I'll get my hell mit" Dewayne for starting it.
Now for a correction. I was third as far as I know, way behind John and Jim. So far behind I was low point finisher. Had six minutes to spare at the end. Al had a trophy for a Womens class and Tracie wasn't there, so that is the one he had Brian present to me. I was at a total loss as to what was going on.
As for the rock in the last section. When I clipped it and coolant ran out, it was a blow of sorts. My first thoughts were, here I am close to finishing for a change and the day is done. At the top of the hill I saw it was just the lower hose pulled loose. Pushed it back on, tightened the clamp at a loss of five minutes for the encounter. The only 'damage' was a dent in the radiator tube where it hit the engine. A stroke of luck all the way around. Denny - I had no idea it was you that checked on me. Thanks.
About half a mile from the end there was no slowing down on a left turn, hit into a tree on the right and wound up on the ground to the left against another tree. Found out there was no rear brake as the cause. Good thing the pads waited that long to quit. I had it scheduled to change them after the enduro. No complaints on my part as they have given 250 hours and 3969 miles of service.
As long as Mike brought up my getting to the restart, I'll add some more. For the riders that blocked the trail after the section check-out on the way to the restart, thanks for being self centered, showing lack of consideration and brains. Should that happen again, I will not be in the running for Mr. Nice Guy.
To end this epistle, I'd like to ask a small favor. Jeff Fredette has been called Iron Man for many years now due to his Six Days rides. I've known Jeff for around 30 years and we have the same thoughts about riding and I don't want to dilute his Iron Man status in any way. After spending 28 years hauling steel, to me steel would be closer than iron.

Young Ted

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
INCA said:
For the riders that blocked the trail after the section check-out on the way to the restart, thanks for being self centered, showing lack of consideration and brains. Should that happen again, I will not be in the running for Mr. Nice Guy.
Steel Man - I like your attitude! Come see me at the trailer in Kasky. We can go over a few methods that work really well for me! :nod:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
That is a good idea Dewayne. I'm wondering whose method would be the most devastating because you're not Saint DW. I'll be working Tree Topper and probably all over the place.

YT

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Illinois Steeler

But there is more to the "Illinois Steeler" than this you see, Ted rode the Stub Jumper Saturday with Erin-kept her in sight and SAFE all day and aided her to victory! The he went on to ride the Stumpjumper on Sunday as well –a “all steel” effort for sure! :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
As everyone else said great ride "STEEL MAN"
You are inspiring.
Don

Top Bottom