pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
Well, maybe he's not as fragile but seems to eat the dirt just as much. And as he said himself "No excuses in Vegas". I think this is just one more example why RC is the champ and although he didn't win every race, he consistently finishes on the podium and didn't push himself so far over the edge as to not finish half the races.

Maybe Stewart should start spending more time training and less time shopping for rims. All kidding aside the kid is super fast but needs to learn patience and not worry about 40 sec leads on the first laps. If he continues like this his rubber body might not be so forgiving in the future. (and end up injury prone like #199)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'll say it again...
Compare RC's first SX (250) season to Stewart's.
RC ran the whole season, crashed his brains out and came away with one win. Everyone was writting him off/doubting his ability to run the 250's, just like they are with Stewart now.
If I recall, MC won 4 in his first season.
Stewart has won 3 .

Yup, he has a lot to learn, just like everyone else that runs at that level (top 3). He's got more speed than experience.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
He's got more speed than experience.

And more......kahon'es than brains...... ;)

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
If any body has ever read my comments on 199 they know how I feel about him :uh: . I do not think 259 is another 199 because he has actually won 3 races in the 250 class. 199 still has 0. JBS will take a season or two to figure out a championship = consitancy not bieng the fastest.

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
I didn't ever see RC in his rookie 250 year so I can't compare him to anybody but who was there this year and last. I think JBS is super fast but also dangerous. I just worry about his safety and longevity at this point.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
"If I recall, MC won 4 in his first season.
Stewart has won 3"

was checking out the archives on amaproracing.com, heres some 250 sx results from their first year with the big boys
Jeremy Mcgrath actually won 10 in his first year, 1993.
Chad Reed had 8 his first year 2003
Bradshaw had 5 wins in 1990

alot of other guys had 4 or 5 wins the first year they had results showing, RJ, Hannah, Jeff Ward, O Mara, Stanton, but I wasn't sure if it was their first year in the 250's because they had no 125 results.

Interesting that noone mentions Reeds 8 wins when comparing Bubbas results

http://www.amaproracing.com/archive/2005/sxmx/04_Wins_by_Rider_Name_05.pdf

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Jeremy Mcgrath actually won 10 in his first year, 1993
Ooops. My bad.

Pretty impressive list of riders don't you think? I think most wouldn't mention Reed in the same way because he was racing pro in the 250's before coming to the US. If you recall he wasn't happy about having to drop down to the 125's when he first got here.

crazyYammi

Aug 31, 2004
I think Bubba is going to have a hard time with Reed next year in SX. Reed has a good head on his shoulders and has consistently improved his game over the last few years.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
funktree said:
Jeremy Mcgrath actually won 10 in his first year, 1993.
and the title.

Stewart ain't no Pastrana, but he's like an early RC. Go for broke, auger in. If he slows down a bit, he'll go faster.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
I just hope Reed has something, anything, for these guys outdoors. I doubt he does but it would be nice to even see him close to RC for even one moto.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
funktree said:
I just hope Reed has something, anything, for these guys outdoors. I doubt he does but it would be nice to even see him close to RC for even one moto.

That's why it's so disappointing that Tortelli is out. I remember what a totally healthy Tortelli was able to do a few seasons ago. He had an epic battle wtih RC at Budd's Creek. They swapped it back and forth for a number of laps with RC coming to a complete stop in one turn to block Tort's path.

This was the race where Tortelli was developing an outside line through a fast sweeper that no one else was using. Late in the race, He railed around that line past RC. It was so cool. It's bummer that he won't be out there on the new RM. :(

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
JBS is figuring it out quicker than I thought he would, and I have no doubt he will be a future series champ, I am afraid TP never will be (he has a great future in the announcing booth if you listened to SX live ;) ) I am sorry to see him go down so close to the nationals, I would like the outdoors to be a full on no excuses from anyone race series!!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I think Reed's confidence from SX will carry over to the outdoors. He's learned how to go to another level, and that's mostly mental. I think he'll be right in the mix outdoors. Those three guys are going to be flying! I wish there were a national event closer to Texas. There's nothing like actually being there to get the sense of how fast they really ride. I might have to fly down for Glen Helen. Hope JBS is still healthy by then.

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
And if he doesn't learn it soon I'm afraid he is really going to hurt himself bad at the nationals where it is more wide open and faster. I hope he doesn't hit a tree or something!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
MX547: "this isn't the first time this has been said..."

True, but then it's also true that it's not the first time it has been said that this isn't the first time this has been said. And I really think that this is the first time THAT has been said. If you know what I'm saying.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Lots of people said Reed would go faster outdoors last year.... and he did.He didnt beat RC but he was alot closer than all the others.The only thing that goes against reed outdoors IMO -is that dinosoar of a bike he will have to ride, i rode a 04 YZF 250 the other day-what a tank.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I think I will support the man of reason on Supercross,, Super Hunky.. Supercross = Stupidcross. Sam Boyd stadium is just too small to safely run a split start. It appeared that Bubba just ran out room and lost traction on the concrete.
The track designers at these events need to reevaluate rider safety. Bubba and Boniface were both unfortunate recipients of insane tracks better suited for video games. Thank god the outdoors are here.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
kelsorat said:
I think I will support the man of reason on Supercross,, Super Hunky.. Supercross = Stupidcross. Sam Boyd stadium is just too small to safely run a split start. It appeared that Bubba just ran out room and lost traction on the concrete.
The track designers at these events need to reevaluate rider safety. Bubba and Boniface were both unfortunate recipients of insane tracks better suited for video games. Thank god the outdoors are here.
hmmm . . . 19 other guys in the 250 class managed to make it through . . . :ahhh:

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
It was hard to see what happened to James. I was disapointed he couldn't ride. It looked like he spun out off the start and tried to make up for lost time, came into the turn too hot and drifted outside the tuff blocks. Once on the marbles, it lookked like he locked the front brake and went down pretty hard. Why take that risk in a heat race? Anyway, I sprained a thumb playing basketball in 96' and it's still not right. This will affect him at the start of the Nationals.

Top Bottom