freefall514

Sep 6, 2007
92' RM 250 vs CR 250

I found a good deal on a 92 RM250 and dont know any thing about the RM bikes.
I was looking at 94 to 97 CR250s.
Any input wold be most helpful.

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
I recently bought a 95 rm250 and i love it. im not axactly sure how similar they are but its a great bike. i would pull the rear linkage if possible its always a good way to see how well the bike was taken care of. if theres no grease in the needle bearings or they are rusty the bike was probaly neglected as far as maintnece goes. As for my bike the powerband seems to be in the high rpm range with lots of power. well weaghted and handles great and i havent even set the suspension up for me for trail riding and i live in Michigan (all our trails are pretty much deep sand) wich is a pretty good test for handling. all in all i am very pleased with the bike. parts so far have been cheap and available. my opinion is if the bike was not maintained dont buy it or buy at your own risk REMEMBER suspension parts are NOT cheap and the bike might end up nickle and diming you till your wallet is empty

freefall514

Sep 6, 2007
Thankes for the input.
the guy onily wants a $1000 for it, it lookes kike a good deal, if it's in good shape.
And he sead it has a fresh top end.
Thankes again for the input.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
My input would be to buy a yz. You can find 99 to 01 yz250's for around $1500 and they're a good bike. I'm a little biased, but out of all of my friends that have cr's, kx's, and yz's (no one has an rm, sorry) the yz's have been the best all around bikes.

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
no problem let me know how it works out for you if you get it like i said before i love mine i just went through it yesterday and think i might of saved some linkage components by greasing those neglected little buggers. welll have fun and remember a little tlc can go a long way on a used bike have a good ride freefall

Top Bottom