mike-evans

Sep 16, 2009
....that is hard to start? When i was riding about 5 years ago i had a brand new yam 250 2t, ok they have alot of compression but i didnt realy have much trouble starting it. Back in the sport now and got a 01 yam 250 2t that i struggle to kick first or second time...or thire, or forth.....i dont know if its down to technique, or trouble with the bike. When im out riding i either need to lean against the van to geta good kick on it to start it, or if im on a track, find a stone or something to lean on while i can give it a good kick, if i aint got anything tn lean on, i realy struggle to start it. When i try kicking it with no joy, i sometimes get a backfire....? Never failed to start,just a pain in the a**e...any ideas?

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
tryed starting it while NOT on the bike?(so you dont have to lean over stuff to kickstart it well)
maby it is too height for you.
Also if am not wrong, yam should start first or second (good) kick usually.. at least thats how mine work. So maby something is wrong with the bike(reed, jetting, plug...)

mike-evans

Sep 16, 2009
mathd said:
tryed starting it while NOT on the bike?(so you dont have to lean over stuff to kickstart it well)
maby it is too height for you.
Also if am not wrong, yam should start first or second (good) kick usually.. at least thats how mine work. So maby something is wrong with the bike(reed, jetting, plug...)
i get it to TDC then give it a good kick, and doing that wil usualy get it going, but if i was to kick it and kick it, not waiting to get TDC then it wil not go.,is that just the same as all 2ts? As for plug/jetting, fitted a new plug last week, and after a good day out on the track, the plug is a nice tan colour, so think that side of it is ok? Might just be down to technique....
d

Top Bottom