Is Kennedy Meadows open or closed?

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
I have heard a couple people say that Kennedy Meadows is open and a couple say it is closed. :think Does anybody know for sure whether it is open or closed? I have never been there but wouldn't mind going in a couple weeks if it is open & if I can ride there with my red sticker.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Brett r is gon up for a week or so on thrus; we're going 4 the day this Sun. (come along).

To answer your question, 2 B sure call the Channel meadow Ranger District office. I have the # @ home, so will post it 4 U tomorrow. Let us know what they say.

And yes, red stickers welcomed there year 'round.

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Thank You!

Placelast, thank you in advance for posting that phone number. I will post what they tell me. My husband & I do have plans for this coming Sunday, but Kennedy Meadows is sounding a lot more appealing at this time. I am going to see if maybe we can get out of our previous engagement. If so, maybe we can get gospeedracer, TTRguy & Kiwi (bird of paradise) to meet us up there too. I rode with them at Jawbone Canyon this past Sunday, they are a great bunch of people.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
What? You mean hearing the "yes it is" "no it isn't" "yes it is" "no it isn't" "yes it is" debate didn't clear it up for you? Really Darla, I'm surprised! :p :)
I hope it is open for memorial weekend, we're thinking of camping/riding there with Kiwi that weekend.

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Hmmmm, did the "yes it is" "no it isn't" "yes it is" "no it isn't" debate clear it up for me........well, yes, I mean no, I mean yes, no, I mean no.:p :)

I am going to call as soon as I get the number & post it here so we will know for sure.

KTMster

Mar 27, 2001
Placelast, thanks for the phone number. I just called & spoke with a lady named Ann. She said that the dirt bike trails will be open this Friday morning, 5/25/01 She said the best place to camp is up at Troy Meadows or Fish Creek. She also said to stop at the Black Rock Station to get a map of the trails.

Unfortunately we are not going to be able to make it for this camp out & it is too far to drive for just the day.:(

You all have fun and keep the shiny side up!

gospeedracer, it's official. "yes it is" "yes it is" "yes it is" :confused:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
FYI, I just rode up Cedar Canyon from Rincon Trail today. There were no closed signs anywhere.

That Cedar Canyon is a great trail for experienced trail riders. Less skilled or experienced riders should think twice before heading up that bad boy.

I liked going up it, but my bike was spewing coolant and I was fanning the clutch pretty heavily. My jetting is set for 4,000 feet, so I was too rich and way down on power by the time I got to Schaeffer Trail.

Top Bottom