MOTO ON RM250

Aug 10, 2007
I see pictures of peoples spark plugs (two stroke plugs) on here and they barely have any oil or carbon built on them at all. On my 2004 rm250 and on my last bike (2000 rm125) my spark plugs would be all black from oil. Is my jetting to rich? I have never touched the jetting on either bike besides the idle screw.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
MOTO ON RM250 said:
I see pictures of peoples spark plugs (two stroke plugs) on here and they barely have any oil or carbon built on them at all. On my 2004 rm250 and on my last bike (2000 rm125) my spark plugs would be all black from oil. Is my jetting to rich? I have never touched the jetting on either bike besides the idle screw.
Most likely your jetting is rich but to be sure, check out the links in this thread.

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=42618

I had never jetted a bike before but I did my 05 YZ 250 and got it spot on. It takes some time and patience but the links in the thread give you the right techniques to do it right. You'll know your bike better and it will run better. Just follow ALL of the recommendations and you'll get it.

Top Bottom