calamari racer

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2001
I want to come to Dirtweek with my family and was wondering what other attendees opinions were. Our daughter will be 6mos old when Dirtweek happens. Is that too young? Should I wait a year and then come? My wife says "lets go", but I would feel bad riding and leaving her behind to take care of the baby. She wants me to go and have fun, but I want my whole family to have fun, not just me.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I can't see why this would stop you from attending. As long as your wife doesn't mind you squeezing some riding in between family time it should be all good. We haven't made it to DW yet (Long story for last year) but I imagine there will be many other non riders (my wife included) for her to socialize with if your on the trails or track.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you are good with it and your wife is then go for it. DW isn't about riding 24/7 it's about having a good time, meeting new people, catching up with old friends and some riding to boot. I suspect there will be plenty of "help" if mom needs a break as well.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
this is a family function. that means kids all over the place. some riding, and some just playin in the dirt. look at it this way, i don't think you will have ANY problem finding someone to watch your daughter.
I wasn't so sure about the DW thing my first time out in 01, but now, my whole family goes. Momma G. doesn't ride, she just reads, and takes pictures, and hangs with the other 399 family members! listen to your wife............... do this.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
calamari racer said:
I want to come to Dirtweek with my family and was wondering what other attendees opinions were. Our daughter will be 6mos old when Dirtweek happens. Is that too young? Should I wait a year and then come? My wife says "lets go", but I would feel bad riding and leaving her behind to take care of the baby. She wants me to go and have fun, but I want my whole family to have fun, not just me.

Come on! Last year Tcarp had his wife and new baby along for the trip. They had a great time and there was never a lack of someone to watch the baby.

We can set them up under the awning at Camp Tejas and they have a pile of guys more than willing to get them anything they might need.

As Pat said, this is a family affair and we even get to ride some. ;)

Top Bottom