Is the correct pilot or one step richer better?

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
I was reading an article about jetting in Transworld MX, and the guy writing the article says that he thinks running a pilot that is one step richer than the correct one with the airscrew out a lot gives better throttle response than the correct pilot. What does everyone think of this?

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Heard the same from Tom Morgan. He says the reason a bike grgles at a constant throttle setting in this range is because you should jet it a little rich. He says it makes for much better throttle response.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Might not Hurt

I don't know if it will work that way or not, But that has been my only complaint about the bike so far. It's driving me crazy. I already have the pilot ordered. Probably be the first thing I try after I get top end back together.:eek:

Joe Chief

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I find that running the bike with correct jetting is better. If you want to improve throttle response (who doesn't eh ;) ) then adjust the air screw.

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
I think leaving one step richer is a good idea, because in cold weather, you can just put the airscrew in and don't need to worry about the pilot being lean. I just put my airscrew at 3 turns out, which is OK according to the CR250 manual.

Top Bottom