Is the GasGas worth $800 more than the KTM?

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Posted by Strick:
Are you Gas Gas riders on Commission or what??
NO!!
It's a passison, much like owning a Ford
biggrin.gif

------------------
District 36 Member
AMA Member
99 GasGas EC200

[This message has been edited by MR.WR (edited 03-07-2001).]

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Plonker:
Does this mean that Gas Gas owners are possibly more effeminate?

Why?
Are you coming out of the closet?
tongue.gif

HUSABERG 501

Aug 5, 2000
Originally posted by kalitude:
Oh, Thanks a lot! Now I can't shut him up about the Husaberg. "I'm getting a Husaberg", "They are so trick", "They aren't that ugly orange color", "they don't have two expensive oil filters to change", blah, blah, blah, blah....

So a '01 FX470 it is...
Sorry there is no ride report cause I haven'tridden it yet. Well for about 10min last sat. Where my 501 is like a Viper,pure power and torque. The 470 is like a Ferrari,smooth and silky.I need to break it in before i get on it for real though . Hopeing the weather gets better here in IL. Oh yea it turns so sharp that I nearly dumped it in my yard! I didn't expect such response! Slim wwwhhhhhhhoooooo wwwwwweeeeee My legs were almost touchin. He should stick with the Berg.riding anything else would be like Going from a SL500 Mercedes to a Gremlin. How's that for a ride report? where is you're detailed ride report for the new bike eh? Getting a new Husaberg and no ride report!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
I am altering the deal,pray I don't alter it any further!
01 FC 470 BERG
97 FC 501 BERG
86 ATC 350X HONDA

LawManNv

Sponsoring Member
Feb 10, 2000
Well, I drive a Toyota. It has no power and no room but it doesn't break. Hopefuly the GasGas will do as well.

------------------
'00 KDX200

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by LawManNv:
Well, I drive a Toyota. It has no power and no room but it doesn't break. Hopefuly the GasGas will do as well.

LOL!
smile.gif
I've got one of those too! (Actually, my wife drives the Tahoe most of the time - it keeps her happy.) I don't mind "no power and no room."

Anyhow I'm sure the GG will be a great bike, Congrats!

------------------
William
KTM200EXC

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Talk about folks on a commission relative to Gas-Gas...If you want to have a little fun, Say some goofy stuff about Suzuki DRZ400's and watch the manure hit the fan!

You Gas-Gas guys are having way too much fun! There must be something right about them.

------------------
2001 VOR503 V-Cross
1982 husqvarna XC430
1974 Bultaco Frontera 360
6 Kids, Four Ride, 3 race. (cr125, yz80, 2 KX125's)
Case 780, INT 1066, Ford LTL9000...and a Percheron

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Posted by weimedog:

You Gas-Gas guys are having way too much fun!

The bikes are fantastic and really perform very well for there intended purpose. Very smooth and easy to ride. If you ever have a chance to ride one......GO FOR IT!! YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!

posted by weimedog

There must be something right about them

GasGas sales are way up from 99 and the 00 bikes sold really good! I was talking to a dealer last week and he told me that GasGas sales were up 200% here in the states
biggrin.gif

Someone is taken notice! I know that GasGas ownership has grow here on DRN since I bought mine last year.

------------------
District 36 Member
AMA Member
99 GasGas EC200

[This message has been edited by MR.WR (edited 03-07-2001).]

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Mr. WR - Don't start taking credit for the number of DRN Gas Gas riders! Isn't the commission enough?

------------------
Strick '99 KTM 300mxc, AMA & BRC member

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
The GG is a great bike, but really stands above the rest in the tight slick eastern woods, where power delivery and steering are a priority. That is why they are very popular in the southeast and gaining rapidly in the northeast. Out west in the desert or more open trails, I imagine there is less of a performance difference between the GG and KTM. For me, the GG just seems to inspire confidence that my KTMs did not, and makes a 300 KTM feel like a truck in tight trees.

LawManNv,

If you want a Toyota that IS fast, HAS room, and DOESN'T break, buy a Tundra to carry your GG. So far, its the best truck I've ever owned, much better than my fall apart Ford or rattletrap Chevy were. Good Luck.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
GlennP, I would swear you have some vested interest in Gas Gas.

Please keep in mind, all the trees of Northern Nevada, that we can ride, are buried in snow right now. You don't hit trees here until about 7500', and even then they aren't dense like back there. We live in a desert. My 'truck' of a 300 is right at home in the washes, hills, rocks, and desert. Also keep in mind, Lawman NV lives here too.

------------------
Strick '99 KTM 300mxc, AMA & BRC member

Greenhorn

Apr 4, 2000
Boy, these GG's sound like great bikes but I think the owners are just a bit overwhelmed by KTM superiority. Maybe they need a little confidence boost to feel more at ease, so why not add another Gas to the name so we'll end up with GasGasGas or GasGasGasGas or GasGasGasGasGas, or maybe just Multi-Gas. Or how about just Gashole! You GasGas folks are a riot. Thanks for the laughs!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bret

'99 KTM 380SX
'87 Husky 430CR

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Plonker:
Or how about just Gashole!

Everybody already has one of those... and they all stink.
smile.gif

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
I wish we would get a real GG dealer up here in Canada. We have one guy who is into the GG trials bikes but not off road bikes. I would love to try one out and see what all the hype is about!

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
This thread is just to damn funny...You guys (and gals) are killing me. Those GasGas's look pretty sweet... But for being "Hand built" you would think they could design a better working cleaner kick stand. KTM still makes the best ever. But since my next bike willl not come with a kickstand...Bikes with kickstands are for old slow trail riders that stop and take a smoke break every mile or so........ So whats the deal with Gas Gas plastic anyways. Let me get this right. They have a 95 honda front fender, a 92 Kawasaki rear, Suzuki side panels and Honda shouds... Could be worse I hear those TM's have Yamaha plastic. That alone will make it slower than hell.........

------------------
More to follow im sure.....

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Posted by Strick

Mr. WR - Don't start taking credit for the number of DRN Gas Gas riders!
Never....Not me..... Soon we'll have our own forum on DRN
tongue.gif

Posted by Strick
Isn't the commission enough?
What commission
confused.gif

------------------
District 36 Member
AMA Member
99 GasGas EC200

[This message has been edited by MR.WR (edited 03-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MR.WR (edited 03-08-2001).]

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
Strick,

Thats exactly my point. I think the 300 is more at home in your conditions, and thats great if it works so well for you. If I lived there I might have kept my 300 longer.

No, I don't have any vested interest. I just get really psyched riding the bike it workes so well. I'd like to see the GG sales take off and the aftermarket increase for obvious reasons. I do however, have experience owning and racing BOTH bikes in eastern conditions. LawManNV inquired about an XC, which stock, is designed as a western terrain style bike. A direct competitor of the KTM MXC line.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
380EXCman, I resemble your kickstand remarks
smile.gif
You must've been following me up at Georgetown. Got to have the smoke breaks to read the confusing trailmap and listen for oncoming traffic.

Sep 22, 2000
No commision just plain fact. I've been around for 32 years and I can say its the very best bike I've ever ever owned.The motor is as smooth as a fresh box of velveta and the steering is like its on rails.The power delivery never ever gets you in trouble.Don't ride one unless your looking for a new bike.One ride and you'll never be happy with what your on now.
cool.gif

EK

Dec 3, 2000
Originally posted by 380EXCman:
Those GasGas's look pretty sweet... But for being "Hand built" you would think they could design a better working cleaner kick stand.

I agree on the kickstand observation. However, it is easily fixed by adding a washer (with an extra hole on the edge) to the kickstand mounting bolt. The kickstand spring can be re-installed through the extra hole in the washer. This makes the kickstand stay in the down or up position and is much more stable.

Originally posted by 380EXCman:

So whats the deal with Gas Gas plastic anyways. Let me get this right. They have a 95 honda front fender, a 92 Kawasaki rear, Suzuki side panels and Honda shouds...

GasGas focuses it's Engineering resources on designing an incredible engine and excellent handling machine into a total performacne package rather than reinventing plastic parts (or any other parts for that matter). They copy what works well and reinvent the rest and combine it into a total package - the result is in the riding experience. By the way how many ex-GasGas riders have we heard from?

Eric K
'01 GasGas 300XC

RBW

Jun 16, 2000
We GasGas owners are so genuinely enthused about our bikes that we feel we must share the news.We took a bit of a gamble, buying a relatively obscure bike, and hit the jackpot. I have had a lot of bikes and loved them all.But, not like I love this one.How many negative responses has there been? Almost none! The response to these bikes is simillar to response of the YZ 400 when it came out.On a much smaller scale but simillar. I used this site to research the bikes, find contacts and referrals and to hear testimonials from owners.I don't think there is any other brand of bike that has their owners any more excited than GasGas.When someone shows up with a brand new bike, I don't even care anymore. Because I have found MY bike and nothing else really interests me. The bikes are THAT good.

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
These bikes are very common down here in the deep South where I ride.
It's not unusual to line up at a harescramble to find half the riders on a GasGas and if you're not on one, prepare to get spanked.
I'm glad that they're making headway out West. They are fine machines.

------------------
Mark
GasGas EC200
KTM 125 Enduro

tom656

Nov 19, 2000
I went from a 200 KTM that I had no problems with and a dealer only 5 miles away to a GG 200 and a dealer 55 miles away. I wasn't really even considering a new bike until I rode the GG. I'm 41 and have had hondas,suzukis,kaws,maicos and I have to say this GasGas is a real fine machine.
Tom in Pa.

Top Bottom