Is the NC/SC crew riding this weekend (Jul 13-14)

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Gomer, Dell, Ivan, WhyZee186, BScott, CRkid, MikeT (are you and the bike healed??), anybody.

I was contemplating TnT Saturday and/or Sunday since my brother is out of service but could swing Thunder Valley and am open to suggestions.

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
I would love to do that, but I have work both of those days. My bike is also getting a new piston at the moment. The next day I will be riding will probably be on Wednesday July 17 at Rolling Hills. If anyone isn't working that day (very doubtful), well, the more the merrier. :)

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I will be at archers lodge this saturday, if anyone in the raleigh area wants to join me there (Note, this track is in clayton and isnt worth more than an hour's drive)

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
I would love to ride this weekend...I am down for thunder valley (1 hour drive) TNT is a tad far...

I could swing rolling hills one wendesday if somone wants to join me...

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
We'll be there Saturday...probably first thing in the morning to try to beat some of the heat. I'll let you know when I figure out for sure.

I'll call Slacker!

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
I'd like to go but will be vactioning with the family in Charleston/Myrtle Beach from Sat-Weds....

I do plan on going to TNT one day the following weekend. Probably Saturday the 20th.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
We'll be there Saturday...probably first thing in the morning to try to beat some of the heat. I'll let you know when I figure out for sure.

I'll call Slacker!

It was 100 degrees down there Friday when I went. I did manage to clear a new jump before passing out. Who is the slacker...IVAN or YZDave??

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Welll...they are both slackers, but the Slacker is Kevin, #818 on a YZ250. He lives next door to you and drives a big red Bubba Truck!

So...how is Saturday morning?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Saturday morning (TNT I assume) it is.

I tried racing at Thunder Valley this past weekend. Finished Last and Last for an overall of LAST. Needless to say, I'll be doing some more practicing before I try that again. Stalling on the start didn't help on the first race. I was doing good until I lost it in a curve on the second. 5 laps just isn't enough time if I mess up. Well actually, it probably is because they would have lapped me eventually.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
JMX is all tabletops and one long whoop section. It is a really good track for beginners.

Come race with us... please... pretty please :)

Ride TNT and come race just one class. It is $10 to get in and $15 per class for non-members.

Ivan

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
It's not the jumps that get me...its all of that turning and fast stuff..you know..the racing part. For $25, I can crash with Gomer and have some money left over for fast food and band aids.

Maybe next month.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Thanks James but it's going to be 3 weeks before I will get some seat time on the YZ, the rest of July is beach, weddings, and BS! Lets shoot for the 3rd or 4th for the first chance that "WE" can get together again with 'any' and, or 'every' one. Been gone the last 8 days to N.Va for fireworks and family, glad to see Gomer did not burn the place down!
Dave

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
Where is rolling hills?

It is in Reidsville. They have two tracks, one is tighter with more jumps and lights, the other is more motocross with big berms, less, jumps, but lots of ups and downs. They are open from 10 to 10 I believe and it's only $10 all day.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by dell30rb
So is anyone going to thunder valley this weekend?

Are you still going to Archers? CR 4 EVER hasn't been back but I think he was leaning towards Thunder.

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
I got my bike all back togehter (New PJ, back tire, chain, handlebars.) so I have dont a little testing in a field but I would love to get a track this weekend, was thinking about eastbend MX on thursday night but not sure...

Rolling hills can go either way, first time I went their it was nice but second time I was very disspointed it looked as if it had never been groomed you had to hit a 20 foot table in 5th gear WFO to clear it cause the jumps had no lips or anything it really sucked.

But lets hit thunder-valley this saturday that sounds nice, if it's gonna be like 100 degrees I might just hit eastbend.

anyway look forword goin somewhere hehe.

Ride on! :aj:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
To clarify, on Sat the 13th:

Gomer, Slacker, and I are going to TNT

Dell is at Archer's?

CR 4 Ever is considering Thunder, Rolling hills, or eastbend...TNT?

CRKid is out of commission until the 17th

Ivan is hanging out with the race crowd

YZDave is giving us the cold shoulder for beaches and women in bikinis

Mike T is nowhere to be found.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by JamesP
Ivan is hanging out with the race crowd

I really wish you guys would make it one night. It is a lot of fun when you get a good group together and start BS'ing and racing. We had a blast last year when Gomer and I did the races!!

YZDave is giving us the cold shoulder for beaches and women in bikinis

Yeah, but he promised to bring back some pictures :)

Mike T is nowhere to be found.

I heard from him a little while ago and he said he is healing good and got a new helmet. He needs to do a little to his bike and complete the healing process but hopefully we'll be seeing him soon.

Ivan

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
Here is the problem...I have no idea where TNT is lol sounds great, but I am a beyond newbie lol not fast at all and turn like a old lady..so I dont wanna go if it's a super fast track I dont wanna get run over lol...

so whee is TNT at? I am in greensboro NC

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
It is in Chester SC, exit 55 off of 77 south.

TNT is about 140 miles from Greensboro. 85 south to 77 south is probably the best route. That is a bit far for one day. It isn't a beginner's track either...not that I am an expert by any means...just be prepared to jump some scary stuff (or roll over it).

Thunder Valley is only 55 miles from Greensboro. If you CR guys wanna go to Thunder Valley next Saturday (or any other Saturday for that matter) let me know...I like riding there. I kinda had my mind set on TNT this weekend...there are a few tabletops that I need to make peace with down there.

Top Bottom