Is the Q quieter than the turbinecore2?

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
I'd sure like to know as well. The Turbinecore is the only one I know of that's available for my bike, and I am seriously thinking of buying a KTM version of the Q, (or else the Service Honda AF500 version), then cutting and TIG welding to make it fit my bike. My factory muffler is gotta be 104 db, and my ears ring for a day after running it.

I hope someone with some experience chimes in before I get out the chop saw.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
The new FMF "Q-Stealth" is suppose to be incredibly quiet (dB's in the 80's?) as well as offering great performance. This is from reading rider's reviews of the product.

I'm planning to order one myself. Only available for the YZ250 and KTM's, at this point, I understand

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
80db range? Thats crazy! Are there any published reviews you can link to? I haven't heard anything about it in any of the mags.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Q-stealth, 88 db. That's what I've heard. Quiet enough such that you'll hear more engine, gear, and chain noise than exhaust noise. That's why I want to retrofit one to my WR500. It's physically fatter around than the Turbinecore, so there's some doubt as to how it'll fit in there. I might have to glue thermal wrap into the side covers and onto the side of the airbox.

Top Bottom