Is the rest of the world taking over the US!?!

mxer_69

Dec 14, 2000
Well it lloks like alot of championships belong to, or are going to belong to, foreign riders. Langston (125MX), Reed (250SX, and fellow canadian Lange (AX). Whats going on there? Is this by fluke or is the rest of the world starting to step up to the plate? Discuss.... :cool:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Reed has a long way too go for the SX title.. K-Dub may have something to do w/it :laugh:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
it all has to do with winning world championship titles ........... :p :)

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
People who are willing to work hard have always come to the US looking for oppurtunity. I guess it's spreading to MX!!!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I don't think it's any different than before. It all started with DeCoster and Mikkola, etc. Remember Bayle? The tracks and style here are more familiar to Americans due to locale, but the best of the best world riders come often enough to keep it good. And remember that most of these guys have just emigrated here. Reed lives in California. DeCoster doesn't live in Belgium.

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
It's all about who wants "it" worse..... That's the incredible thing about the USA and this sport. The individual who wants it the worse, trains the hardest and puts 110% into it and win !!.

How cool is this :yeehaw:

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
It's not like it will be a total takeover. I'm pretty confident Reed will wrap up the SX title, but in probability, Tedesco and Bubba will win the 125 SX's and barring no injuries, I would think RC (possible K-dub) and Bubba will wrap up the Nationals.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Seems to me that the south eastern part of the USA..namely FLorida has produced the class of the MX act recently. (RC & Bubba), I think the real question is what happened to California?? I think that those hard working southern folks took the MX game to another level and its too much like work for those Californians....! So now they go for the Free style instead only to run up against another hard working eastern rider (Pastrana)..whats a Californian to do??? Go to EUROPE? (Remember Bubba wooped Reed several times already. Reed isn't in the same league as Bubba.

Maybe some eastern magazines will do the same to those west coast rags....and maybe the rest of the industry will move south to Florida. (I know they aren't going to NEW YORK!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom