Is this a good buy-details inside

bambooi

Sep 7, 2003
"This bike is extremely quick. I had to put 0 miles in the title, because you measure dirt bikes in hours not mile. It has a fairly new dunlop rear tire as well as new Renthal chain and sprocket. I just totally rebuilt the top end. Less than 2 hours of riding time on rebuild. Forged pistons, new power valve, new rings, new wrist pin bearings, new Moose racing gasket set. Pro-taper Easton handle bars. Pro Curcuit exhaust. Suzuki grafix. No-wheelie racing clutch. This bike has been in competition and runs like a raped Ape!!!! Dare any stock 250 to line up beside you. I have all of the stock manuals for the bike. BEWARE, NO ROOKIES!!!!

Vehicle Condition

*****This bike needs minor Carb. adjustments. After rebuild I mixed the gas rich to lube the new Forged piston and I think it may have gummed up the carbs. You can pull crank it with ease, But it won't kick start. These are just minor adjustments. Grips are torn but I have a new pair of SCOTT grips still in the package I will throw in at no cost. Clutch seems to slip a little but not too bad. No cracked plastic at all. Overall a great bike. I don't have a title for the bike. "

1300$ Does it sound like trouble?

bambooi

Sep 7, 2003
He says the jetts are gummed up from overmixing gas/oil mixture b/c he was trying to lube a new piston. It has too much compression and won't kick start and he believes the jets are stuck open. He is going to try to clean them tomorow and let me know. He is about an hour or so away from where I live so if it can get it start working then I'll let you guys know.

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by bambooi
"After rebuild I mixed the gas rich to lube the new Forged piston"

More oil = leaner mixture which equals dumb for a new forged piston.

"It has too much compression and won't kick start"

that sounds like trouble

"he believes the jets are stuck open"

A fixed orifice cannot get "stuck open". Maybe he was talking about the powervalve.

I would steer clear of this deal.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
What year is the bike?  I assume that we are talking about an RM250???

Tell him to clean the carb and make sure the bike can kick start (cold & hot).

Remember - you are looking at a used bike so you can not expect it to be perfect - but you also do not want to get stuck with something that has major issues and ends up costing you more than you paid for it to get it running correctly.

Rule #1 - do not be in a hurry unless you have plenty of $$.  :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom