Time Bandit

Aug 4, 2009
This guy has a 2000 WR360 for about $1300 and I would love a bigger engine than a 250 but I don't know much about the Huskys. Assuming its in alright condition would it be a good deal or are these bikes known for anything bad?

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
That sounds like a good deal. Basically the same motor from 92-2002 and very similar to their current 250/300. Its an overbuilt motor so its a little heavy but lasts long time. Ive had a 93 and still have 2002 WR 360. There is some desirability of having that motor and its 6 speed wide ratio tranny. Can be dropped into any 250 2stroke frame up to 2010. I know a couple people who would gladly purchase that one if its in decent shape.

Time Bandit

Aug 4, 2009
It also comes with some MX equipment too, a part of me wants to jump on it and drive 2.5 hours to see it but it seems too good to be true. I'll give the guy a call and see whats up.

BarkSlayer

Mar 12, 2004
It may not be too good to be true...only because the older Husqvarnas never held their resale value very well. You may consider the 360 tough to start because the throw on the kickstart lever is very short and terminates directly into the right side footpeg. It takes a healthy stab to light the fire. The bike handles pretty well and should prove to be durable. Don't expect the same aftermarket support though as you would find with say...a KTM of the same vintage.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Take this for what its worth, but a good buddy of mine had a Husky 360 and liked the bike ok but hated the kickstarter and hated starting it even more. It was the main reason he sold it. It would be a small lever for an 80, let alone a big bike. I tried to kick it once years ago...it is very bad design

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom