Ufdah

May 13, 2006
Hey guys, what do you think of this deal?

This is a quote from the classified ad:
"2001 Kawasaki KDX 200. In very good condition. VERY low use - less than 20 hours. We bought it brand new 2002 and haven't been able to ride much since. $2500 OBO"

I talked with the owner and I think I can get it for $2300. He put barkbusters on it, new handlebars, a FRP chain guide, and took everything apart and greased it when it was new. Said it has about 200 miles on it. I'm going to take a look at it on Friday. Anything that I should be looking for specificly?

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Figuring its about $2000 less than the final year 2006 KDX, does not sound bad to me. Others have bought used, so I'm unsure what the re-sale is on this bike. The thing to look for is, does it look like it has less than 20hrs or 200 miles. Look over the frame top to bottom for cracks or bends, plastic does it look screwed. You know what I mean. Does his story match the bike

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I paid $1800 for my 2000 KDX 200. It had a ton of aftermarket parts and was in great condition. I think the price is fair if, like mentioned earlier, it really does have low hours/miles. Should be easy to tell based on the condition of the bike. Good luck!

mixed

Oct 5, 2005
I'm looking at a '02 220. The fellow claims 200 miles and looking at the bike that seems high. You won't find one cleaner on the show room. It has the FMF Gnarly pipe, Turbin core 2, RB carb mod and Boysen reeds. I can get it for $2700. Sounds high but when you think about the condition and the extras it's probably not out of line. At least not in this area where there are very few dirt bikes for sale. Most of them that are available are hot rod 4 strokes.

You guys think we should jump on these bikes or not?

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
I would jump on it.

Tusk

Apr 5, 2006
I'm with mixed. My 03 220 I purchased was $2600 and had a bunch of extras already. It was well taken care of and was in an area that doesn't have a whole lot of places to ride.
Supply and demand is unfortunate for the seller sometimes.

GabeM

Apr 17, 2002
I bought my son a 99 220 that was like new with the original tires on it from a friend, all stock except for the Power Core II silencer. I paid $2000 and since I'm not in the market to buy and sell, I think the deal was great. If you are buying it in order to have a good bike to ride at a low price, it's a great deal. If you want a hot rod that's as dependable, only much nicer, spend more money and get a pumpkin.

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
mixed - I'm in the Bozeman area.

Top Bottom